|Birthday Star — By Susan
Designer Tip: Susan’s gorgeous super-sized flower
card measures 6 ¼” wide —it’s the perfect way
to wish a happy birthday to someone special. Even better, it’s
quick and easy to get this great effect. Need an envelope for your Giant
Flower Card? Try our 6"x6"
Sara’s Surfaces™ Portfolio!
- Place the template on the white side of the pink roses paper. Use a pencil to trace the outline of the large flower shape from the template, taking care to trace toward the inside of the lines. Don’t forget to trace the fold lines.
- Remove the template and cut out the shape. Erase the pencil lines along the outside edges of the flower. Set your excess paper aside.
- Place the flower on your work surface, with the white side of the paper facing up. Score and fold the inside fold lines, white side to white side. Unfold.
- Fold back each of the small petal tips —patterned side to patterned side. Leave these folded.
- Fold each of the large petals toward the center, working clockwise. When you get to the fourth petal, lift up the first petal and tuck the fourth petal underneath. Repeat for the fifth petal, tucking it underneath the fourth petal.
- Untuck the rounded edges of the center petals so each one overlaps the petal next to it.
- Use a black pen to draw the swirls onto the white center petals. The swirl used here is the bottom portion of the smaller swirl design on the template. Use the template to trace and cut out a white tag (located at the top of the template) and write "Happy Birthday" on it. Glue to one of the petals on the front.
- Punch a ¾” circle from your excess roses paper and glue to the green brad.
- Insert the brad in the center of the flower. Note: You’ll need to attach the brad loosely, so the petals of the card can be unfolded.
- On the inside: Write your message on the inside center of the flower card.