|Tiny Tag Booklet on a Christmas Tag — By: Teresa Welch
Designer's Tip: When using the Spectrum Noir pens, it’s easy to create depth in your designs by shading. It’s best to color one small section at a time so you can shade while the ink is still wet. For easy 2-color shading, begin by coloring the area with the lighter pen shade. Now go in with a slightly darker pen and color where shadows would fall on your object. Don’t color too much—you can always go back and add more if it ends up too light. While it’s still wet, use the light shade again to blend the two colors together, eliminating harsh lines.
- Winter Flannels Paper Pack (link)
- Sage green cardstock (link)
- Ultra Smooth white cardstock (link)
- 15" of ¼" wide green grosgrain ribbon (link)
- 6" of ¾" wide ivory crepe ribbon (link)
- Tiny Tags & Little Labels template (link)
- 20 Luscious Christmas Labels die cuts (link)
- Small stamp sets: Cardinal (link), Mittens (link), Stocking (link), Wreath (link)
- Spectrum Noir pen sets: Yellow (link), Blue (link), Red (link), Purple (link), Green (link)
- 1/16" hole punch (link)
- 3/16" hole punch
- Black pigment ink pad (link)
- 2 brown round mini brads (link)
- ¼" Ultra Clear tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- For the tiny tag booklet: Stamp the mittens, stocking, cardinal, and wreath on a sheet of white cardstock, leaving a couple inches between the images. Color with pens. For the mittens: the mitten area is colored with LV1 and shaded with LV2; the cuffs are TB2, shaded with TB3; the snowflake is CT1, shaded with CT3, and the hearts are DR
- For the stocking: the stocking area is DG2, shaded with DG4; the cuff, heel, and toe are LV1, shaded with LV2; the trim is TB2, shaded with TB
- For the cardinal: the feathers are colored with DR5 and shaded with DR7; the beak is OR1 and the branch is DG
- For the wreath: the leaves are colored with DG2 and shaded with DG4; the bow is LV1, shaded with LV
- Use the template to trace the square tag E around each of the colored images, allowing some edges of the images to fall outside the line. Cut out the four tags and mat each on cardstock with 1/32" borders. Punch a 1/16" hole in the top of each.
- Trace and cut rounded tag B, rounded tag C, and squared tag C from white cardstock. Stamp “joyous season” and two swirls on rounded tag B, “deck the halls” and two swirls on squared tag C, and “by the chimney…” on rounded tag C. Mat each on green cardstock with 1/32" borders and punch a hole in the top. Thread the tags on a 7" green ribbon and knot loosely.
- For the large tag: Trace and cut a petite pocket from Winter Flannels plaid paper. Trace and cut Winter Flannels purple paper to line the inside back of the pocket. Glue the liner in place, then fold the pocket. Tuck the booklet into the pocket before gluing to make sure it fits. Secure the pocket sides with tape. Tape the pocket to the 4¾" green/maroon label as shown.
- Trace and cut bracket label B from white cardstock and stamp “cozy winter wishes” and two hearts on it. Color the hearts with the DR5 pen. Mat the label on green cardstock then glue it across the pocket front at an angle, using brads to secure the ends. Cover the large tag back with Winter Flannels tan snowflakes paper. Punch a 3/16" hole at the top and insert the ivory ribbon. Tie a green bow around the ivory ribbon next to the tag.