|Special Wishes — By Laura
Designer Tip: Laura's sleek and simple birthday card
can easily be used for any occasion–simply swap out the "happy
birthday" cut-out on the card inside to make it any theme you'd
like! Stylish, versatile browns and blues make this design perfect for
both men and women.
For the Card Front:
- Place the card with the fold on the left. Cover the card front with tan bordered paper, placing the striped border along the bottom edge, then ink the edges. Ink the edges of the “wishes” tab and glue it even with the top right edge of the striped border.
- Open the card and place it face down on a cutting mat. Use a craft knife to cut a 1/4"-long vertical slit in the card fold, just next to the top edge of the striped border. Run a 12" length of light yellow ribbon through the slit and wrap both ends around to the card front, overlapping the top edge of the striped border. Knot the tails together just next to the “wishes” tab and use a Glue Dot™ to hold the knot in place.
- Use the template to trace one Double Petal shape onto teal glimmer paper. Cut out the shape and ink the edges, then follow the instructions printed on the template to fold the flower into shape. Add a copper square brad to the center of the flower to hold the petals in place.
- Ink the edges of a 2" square of parchment paper, then add penwork around the edges. Ink the edges of the “special” tab and glue it behind the left edge of the parchment square. Glue the parchment centered over a 2 1/4" square of dark brown textured paper. Use the brad in the folded flower to secure the flower centered on the parchment square, then attach the whole focal to the card front with foam tape.
For the Card Inside:
- Ink the edges of a 5"x6 1/2" piece of parchment paper, add penwork around the edges and use it to cover the card inside.
- Attach the “friend” tab behind the top right edge of the “happy birthday” cut-out. Use foam tape to attach the cut-out over the top portion of the card inside.