|Laser Snowflake Holiday Card — By: Teresa Welch
Designer Tip: The embellishments used on this card (those not listed below) can be found in the kit created for this webisode.
- Winter Delights Paper Pack (link)
- Silver Linen specialty paper (link)
- White cardstock (link)
- Christmas Stamp & Punch stamp set (link)
- 5mm silver pearl stickers (link)
- 10" of 1/4" wide red rickrack (link)
- StazOn® Jet Black ink pad (link)
- 3 1/2" scalloped circle punch (link)
- Snowflake Light border punch (link)
- Scallop-edged scissors (link)
- 1/2" Ultra Clear tape (link)
- Vellum adhesive (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6 1/2" blank white card (link)
- For the card front: Fold the card and turn with the fold on the left. Punch a circle from Winter Delights green paper, then trace the 3" circle in the center and cut it out. Cut 4 1/2"x6" Winter Delights red paper. Center it on the front, then carefully open the card and mark the outer snowflake points through the laser openings onto the back of the red paper. Remove the paper and trace the 3" circle just outside the marked points. Cut out the circle, then glue the scalloped frame around the opening.
- Cut 4 1/2"x 5/8" Winter Delights green paper and trim the lower long edge with scallop-edged scissors. Glue to the red paper, 5/8" from the bottom. Glue black gingham ribbon across the upper edge of the green strip with red rickrack over it, gluing the ends to the back. Glue the red paper to the front, centering the snowflake in the window. Cut a 4 1/2"x 1/8" silver linen paper and glue just under the ribbon. Stamp "Joy to all" on the white plastic tag, then tie gingham ribbon onto it and use tape to adhere to the border as shown. Place a pearl in the center of the O.
- For the inside: Cut 4 5/8"x6 1/8" Winter Delights red paper and 5/8"x6 1/8" Winter Delights green paper. Scallop the right long edge on the green strip, then glue it to the red paper, 1/8" from the left edge. Cut 1/8"x6 1/8" silver linen paper and glue to the green strip as shown. Glue the paper centered on the inside.
- Punch a circle from silver linen paper and slip the clip onto it at the upper left. Tie ribbon and rickrack onto the clip, then cut out and glue "jolly holiday" under it as shown. Glue the circle to the inside, positioned so the clip doesn't show when the card is closed. Cut out the acrylic greeting and glue at the bottom. Punch a white cardstock snowflake and glue centered behind the laser snowflake when the card is closed. Place a pearl in the center.