|Lily — By: Laura Nicholas
- Paper Pizazz® Flea Market Fabrics sarapapers™: Green/blue fabric strips, green/blue floral, green/blue striped, aqua textured, yellow textured and green textured papers plus tags & labels
- Flea Market Fabrics Embellish-abilities™: Silk flowers, green big brad, green gingham brads, green brads, green mini brads, light blue buttons, white grosgrain ribbon
- black pen
- black ink pad
- 3/4" circle punch
- fine-grade sandpaper or emery board
- small Zots™
- glue stick
- clear adhesive tape
Designer Tip: Laura's pretty floral layout is perfect for showcasing your favorite portrait or spring-themed photo! She paired flea market-inspired papers and embellishments with distressing techniques like sanding, inking and tearing to give the page a shabby feel.
- To build the background, glue a 12"x5" piece of green/blue fabric strips paper (strips running vertically) even with the bottom edge of the aqua textured paper. Sand and ink the edges of both papers. Run a 13" length of ribbon across the seam between the two papers, taping the tails to the backside. Add a green brad to each end of the ribbon on the front of the layout.
- Ink the edges of an 8"x11" piece of green textured paper and glue it over the left side of the page. Tear the bottom edge of a 6 3/4"x11 1/2" piece of yellow textured paper and ink the edges. Roll the torn edge and glue the paper 1/8" from the top and left edges of the green paper. Tear the bottom edge off a 7 1/2"x11" piece of green/blue floral paper and ink the edges. Roll the torn edge and glue 1/8" from the top and left edges of the yellow paper. Add two green mini brads to the bottom right corner and one to the bottom left and both top corners of the floral paper.
- Mat a 5"x7" photo on yellow textured paper, trim the mat to 1/8" and ink the edges. Glue the photo centered over the floral paper and add zigzag penwork over each edge of the mat. Journal a caption onto the blank label, ink the edges and glue it centered below the photo. Cut thin strips of green textured paper and thread them through the holes on two small blue buttons, then attach one button on each end of the label with a Zot™.
- Punch a 3/4" circle out of green/blue striped paper. Sand and ink the edges, then glue over a green big brad. Use the brad to attach a large light blue silk flower to the right of the photo, in-line with the white ribbon that runs across the page. Journal the subject's name onto a blank ivory tag and glue it at an angle over the flower with the tab tucked under the big brad.
- Tape one end of a 3 1/2" length of ribbon behind the left side of the page, about 2 1/2" from the top. Repeat with another 3 1/2" ribbon length about 2" below the first ribbon. Wrap the ribbons around to the front of the page and glue the loose ends in place. Attach a small light blue and small white silk flower over the end of the ribbons with a green gingham brad in the center of each. Knot two 3" lengths of ribbon and use Zots™ to attach the knots over the ribbon lengths, just left of the flowers.