|Friends page — By: Susan Cobb
- Vintage Roses Paper Pack (link)
- Solid cardstocks: black, teal, ivory
- white vellum
- Black Precision pen (link)
- Zentangle 4 Book (link)
- Vintage Roses Ribbons (link)
- Easy Scalloped Frames Template (link)
- 20 Blossoms Template (link)
- Pastel Monograms (link)
- Pebbles Classic Chalk Pencils in Classic Earth Tones (pomegranate, spinach, butterscotch (for the tiny flower centers), Classic Pastels (Lagoon)
- cotton swab
- black ink pad (link)
- font: Sudestada
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- foam tape (link)
- I created an oversized mat using the Easy Scalloped Frames template and white vellum, then divided the areas into layers with graduated sizes of the template. I drew in the Tangle patterns with the black pen, then added chalk for color. I matted the vellum on ivory cardstock so the chalks show up really well. I used the chalks to color in some areas, then used a cotton swab to smudge in some soft color in some areas. I also used vellum for the flowers, plus some teal cardstock.
- This pen writes smoothly and dries quickly on the vellum and cardstock.
- Monograms are perfect for Zentangle! Do just one letter or initial, or an entire word, making each one different if you like.
- Turn the striped background paper so the stripes are vertical. Ink the edges of a 9 ½” x 8” red patterned paper rectangle. Glue black mini rick-rack across it, ¼” from the bottom. Mat on ivory cardstock, leaving a ¼” border. Glue to the striped background paper, centered 2 3/4” from the bottom. Mat the 6 x 4” horizontal photo on black, leaving a 1/16” border. Place the matted photo centered on a 7” x 5” teal cardstock rectangle. Trace around the edges of the matted photo to make an outline on the teal cardstock, then remove the photo. Use the pencil to draw guidelines to divide the space outside the drawn rectangle into sections. Now draw tangles in each section with the black pen. Glue the photo to the center of the rectangle, then ink the edges. Mat on red leaving a 1/8” border, then on black leaving a very thin border.
- Use the template to trace a 9” scallop design on white vellum with the black pen, 7” from the edge of the vellum. Use the 7 ¾” and then 6 ½” designs with the pencil to create layers around the edges of the vellum. Cut out the shape and mat on ivory cardstock. Place the matted photo even with the straight edge of the vellum scallop (top), then trace around the edges. Remove the matted photo. Use the pencil to mark off sections in each layer. Use the pen to draw tangles in each section outside the edges you marked for the photo. Use the chalk pencils to color in the tangles as desired, spreading the chalk with a cotton swab in areas you want very soft color. Glue the Matted photo to the vellum scalloped mat, then glue centered to the red rectangle on the page.
- Cover the “F” monogram with teal cardstock, then ink the edges. Draw a line to divide the letter into 2 sections with the pencil, then draw tangles inside each sections. Use the black pen to trace a 4” scallop on ivory cardstock, then cut it out. Write or computer print “riends” on the bottom to the right of where the first letter “F” will be placed. Mat on black leaving a thin border. Use the black pen to draw a tangle border around the edge, following the scallop shape. Glue the monogram to the left of the rest of the word. Glue to the page as shown.
- Use the 20 Blossoms template and black pen to trace and cut out the following flowers: 1F from ivory cardstock and white vellum; 2F from teal cardstock; 3D from ivory cardstock, white vellum, and teal cardstock; 4D from ivory cardstock and white vellum. Glue the white vellum flowers over their corresponding ivory cardstock flower. Draw a circle around the center of the small vellum flowers to divide the tangles. Use the black pen to draw tangles on each flower, then add chalk to the vellum flowers. Layer with foam tape as shown, and add to corner of photo and word block. Zot ribbon as shown.