|Beach Fun — By: Ann Bernklau
- Vintage Roses Paper Pack (link)
- Silver Color Me™ papers - Flower Words paper (link)
- ColorBox Fluid Chalk Inkpads: Berrylicious and Lime Pastel (link)
- Smooch Spritz: Citrus Tickle (link)
- ColorBox stylus (link) and blender tips (link)
- Batik Ribbons (link)
- White cardstock (link)
- Zots™ (link)
- Makeup sponge
- The stylus and blender tips are helpful when applying ink to smaller areas, such as the flowers. The tips also save your inkpad from wear and tear when using the direct-to-paper method. Makeup sponges are great for covering larger areas.
- To get the textured sponge effect as in the pink photo mats, use the stylus and blender tip in a pouncing motion, re-inking the tip often.
- To add a touch of sparkle to the background, spray lightly with Smooch Spritz.
- Start with the Color Me™ Flower Words paper with the flowers in the bottom left corner. Dab a makeup sponge onto a Lime Pastel inkpad. Dab and rub in a circular motion on the words portion of the paper. Continue using this method to cover the page except for the 3 large flowers. Apply green ink lightly to the centers of the large flowers. Spray over the green areas with Citrus Tickle Smooch Spritz and wipe off excess with a paper towel.
- Attach the blender tip to the stylus and tap it onto the Berrylicious inkpad. Carefully dab and swipe the ink onto the petals of the large round flower. Cover the petals of the flower, blending slightly with the green center. To color the petals of the other two flowers, dab the blender tip onto the inkpad, then onto some scrap paper to get some of the ink off. Dab very lightly onto the edges of the petals on the white flowers.
- Take two 3 3/4”x4” photos and mat them on white, leaving a 1/16” border. Cut two 4 1/2”x6” pieces of white cardstock. Use the stylus and blender tip to dab Berrylicious ink all over the cardstock, creating a sponge-like pattern. Glue the first photo to the first sponged photo mat towards the top, and the second photo to the second mat towards the bottom. Glue the first photo to the page 1 1/4” from the top and 2 1/2” from the left. Glue the second photo 3 1/2” from the top and 1/2” from the right.
- Cut a 3”x2” piece of white cardstock and ink the edges with Berrylicious ink, using the blender tip. Journal onto the piece and glue to the page 3 3/4” from the left and 3 1/2” from the bottom. Cut a 2”x4 1/2” piece of white cardstock, ink edges, and print journaling. Glue to the page flush with the top and 3/4” from the right.
- Tie a small bow from green crepe ribbon and Zots™ to the left of the left photo. Zots™ a small knot of ribbon to the bottom left of the upper journaling block and centered at the bottom of the right photo.