|Summer Splash Fun! — By: Lenae Gerig
Designer's Tip: Add subtle sparkle and shine to your handmade cards, scrapbook pages and other paper crafts! LeNae used the Shine Design papers to lend a touch of texture to her page, creating a unique photo mat, background paper, and cover monogram and as a tag.
- Cut an 8 1/2” x6” rectangle of bubble/circle paper, center and glue on the right side of the green gingham paper, placing the 8 1/2” side vertically.
- Mat the 6”x9” photo on white cardstock, placing the photo flush with the left side of the cardstock. Trim a 1/8” wide border.
- Mat a second time on blue bubble paper, flush with the left side, leaving a 1/2” wide border.
- Glue to the page, flush with the left side and centered. This will cover the left edge of the bubble border on the background paper.
- Punch out the monogram letters “Splish” from the citrus monograms in lime green, yellow and aqua blue. Cover the “p” with blue bubbles paper and use the X-acto® knife to cut out the center of the letter. Tie a knot in a piece of aqua blue ribbon and attach to the “p” with a Zot™.
- Attach two lime green mini round brads to the letter “h.”
- Use sand paper to lightly sand the edges of the letters and glue or foam tape the letters alternately to the page.
- Cut a 1 1/2”x2 1/4” rectangle of the blue bubble paper and cut off two corners to make a rectangle tag. Mat on white, leaving a 1/16” border. Punch a hole at the top of the tag.
- Secure the “splash” Brad Buddy™ to the tag. Thread floss through the hole and knot the ends. Loop the floss over the bottom of the letter “s” and attach the tag to the page with foam tape.
- Write or computer journal on white cardstock and cut into strips. Ink the edges of the strips by running the edge along a black ink pad. Insert a green mini round brad on the left side of the first strip. Use a glue stick to adhere the strips to the page.
- Secure the large yellow and small green flowers to the bottom right corner of the photo with a blue mini round brad.
- Attach yellow fish brads to the page under the journaling strips.