Get all the stamps needed to make this project with the Merry & Bright Stamps, or you can order them separately.
By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: I embossed the Christmas tree image in green, then featured it as a center focal for this card, then embellished it with sparkly red crystals. The words, star, and edging of the cardstock embossed in the champagne color contrasts well with the red cardstock and really looks exquisite.
- Christmas Splendor Paper Set
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Christmas Splendor Ribbon
- Merry & Bright Stamps
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- 2"x6" Acrylic Block
- Emerald Embossing Powder, Gold Embossing Powder
- Heat Gun
- Ruby Red 3mm Crystals
- StazOn Ink Pad, Jet Black
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Medium Zots™
- With the fold at the left, cover the card front with red cardstock and ink edges black. Ink edges of a 4 ¾” x 6 ¼” striped rectangle and glue centered to the inside.
- Stamp the Christmas tree image on ivory patterned paper (from the sheet with Christmas ornaments at the corner) with the VersaMark pad. Sprinkle with emerald embossing powder, pour off excess back into the container, and emboss with the heat tool. Trim into a 2 ½” x 3 ¼” rectangle. Stamp a small star at the top of the tree with the VersaMark pad, then add champagne embossing powder. Emboss. Ink the edges with the VersaMark pad, add champagne embossing powder, and emboss with the heat tool.
- Glue the embossed rectangle centered to a 4 ¾” x 3 3/8” red cardstock rectangle, with 1” space at the bottom. Stamp the “Merry Christmas” image centered in the space at the bottom of the red cardstock mat. Add champagne embossing powder and emboss. Ink edges of the cardstock with the VersaMark pad, and emboss with the champagne embossing powder. Mat on brown cardstock and ink edges black. Glue centered to the striped rectangle on the card front, leaving 1 1/8” of space at the bottom. Add crystals and ribbon as shown.
- Inside the card: Ink the edges of a 5” x 2 ¼” striped rectangle across the center of the inside. Stamp the large ornament image with the VersaMark pad on ivory patterned paper. Sprinkle emerald embossing powder on the holly portion of the image and shake off the excess from that same side. Add champagne embossing powder over the remainder of the image, shake off the excess, then emboss with the heat tool. Stamp the swirl image at the top of the ornament and emboss with champagne embossing powder. Trim to a 1 ¾” x 3” rectangle, then emboss the edge with champagne embossing powder. Mat on red cardstock leaving a 1/8” border, then emboss the edge of the cardstock with the champagne embossing powder. Glue the matted rectangle centered over the striped paper.
- Stamp and emboss the tag image on red cardstock, then emboss with the champagne embossing powder. Stamp “JOY” on the center, then emboss with the emerald embossing powder. Trim around the edges of the tag, then glue to the inside as shown. Add crystals and ribbon.
I bought everything for it last year, just love the card!!!