Project comments (1)
| Write a comment
Flocked Snowman Pail
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Snowman Pail Set or you can order them separately.
Flocked Snowman Pail
By Laura Nicholas
Designer Tip: Stamp the snowman onto the blue paper inside the pail and add the flocked piece and additional pieces on the outside of the pail. This will show the outline of the snowman with the stick arms that outlines the flocked snowman.
- Cut 6 1/2" strips of blue paper with the tree and birds border. Stamp the big snowman using black ink next to the tree and bird border on the paper. Wrap the inside of the pail with strips with one of the borders in the front of the pail. Cut 1" strips of red dot paper and ink the edges. Mat with green cardstock and glue covering the seams of the papers wrapped inside the pail.
- Cut the border Dazzles in half and add to the outside of the pail over the red dot strips. Add small snowflakes at the ends of the border with 3mm red crystals. Wrap red rick rack around the top edge of the pail on the outside overlapping the paper.
- Stamp 2 big snowmen onto white cardstock. Cut out the snowmen just inside the stamped image to cut away the outline. Cover the cut out snowmen with Humungo adhesive and trim to the shape. Spread white over the snowmen with flock. Tap off the excess and finish with a brayer.
- Stamp hat, mittens and scarves onto red dot paper and green cardstock. Cut out the images and piece together by cutting the trim pieces from the green and gluing to the red dot pieces.
- Drop one drop of metallic gold Staz-on from the refill bottom onto white cardstock and spread with a q-tip. When dry, stamp the bell for the hat and cut out. Glue to the hat.
- Stamp buttons onto green cardstock and cut out. Glue to the body of the snowman. Cut the fringe in the scarves and also glue with the buttons to the snowman. Stamp the face onto white cardstock and color the eyes and mouth with brown colored pencil. Cut out and glue to the snowmen faces. Also stamp the carrot onto orange cardstock and cut out. Glue to the faces.
- Glue the snowman with the hat to the outside of the pail with the stamped image inside outlining the flocked snowman. Add the mittens to the arms.
- Cut out mounds of snow using the Humungo adhesive sheets. Adhere those to white cardstock and trim the cardstock slightly larger than the adhesive sheet. Using a black pen, outline the edge of the white cardstock. Remove the protective sheet of the adhesive and cover with flock and secure with a brayer. Layer the mounds of snow at the bottom of the pail.
- Place snowflake Dazzles around the snowman and add crystal centers.
- Trim a 5 circle from the tree border paper using just the blue section. Stamp a big snowman at the edge so just part of the snowman is on the circle. Glue the second flocked and pieced snowman to the outline and trim away excess. Add the mitten to the arm. Glue to the lid of the pail.
- Add snowflakes and crystals around the snowman. Some of the snowflakes can go over the edge of the circle and trim away the excess.
- Tie knots of ribbons to the handle.