Christmas Joy card
Save on the products in this project with Simply Ornament Card!
"Christmas joy" card
By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Designer’s Tip: After stamping and embossing the ornament image onto the background paper, I stamped and embossed an additional ornament image on red paper. I cut out the second image and foam taped it over the first one for a dimensional look. I used the free download on our Paper Wishes website and printed labels to match these papers.
- Winter Delights Paper Pack
- Winter Delights Ribbon
- Gold Round Mini Brads
- Christmas Silhouettes & Shadows Stamps
- White Cards & Envelopes
- 2"x6" Acrylic Block
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- Gold Embossing Powder
- Embossing Heat Tool
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- Black .01 Precision Pen
- Font; Sudestada
- Computer printer
- Place the card with the fold at the left. Cover the card with red dots paper. Cut a 4 3/4" piece of green/white/red/blue swirls and snowflakes paper. Stamp the ornament image onto the paper with VersaMark ink, placing the image so it appears to be “hanging” from a blue swirl. Sprinkle with embossing powder and shake off the excess. Use the heat tool to emboss the image. Now stamp and emboss the same image on red dots paper. Cut out the ornament on the red paper and foam tape it over the first image on the swirls and snowflakes paper. Ink the edges of the paper with the VersaMark pad, then sprinkle the edge with champagne embossing powder and emboss.
- Print label sized to 2 3/8” long. Cut it out and mat on red dots paper leaving a 1/16” border. Write or computer print “Christmas joy” on the center. Add gold mini brads to the ends and ribbon at left side. Foam tape to the lower left of the card front. Add gold mini brads to the centers of the snowflakes on the background paper. Glue centered to the red card front. Zot bow at top of ornament.
- Cut a 5”x2 3/4" green/white/red/blue swirls and snowflakes paper and mat top and bottom edges on red dots paper leaving a 1/16” border. Add gold mini brads to corners and glue across the center of the inside. Write or computer print “to you this holiday season” on the right side of the label. Stamp and emboss a small swirl with holly image on the lower left portion of the label. Glue the label centered on the paper. Zot ribbon in place.