Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
Window Card & Happy Holidays Card
|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Check out the fantastic DicroFibers—and get savings too!
Peace, Joy, Love Window Card
By Ann Bernklau
Designer Tips: Cover card front with paper before cutting out the square windows. A mini brad adds a nice detail to the center of a small bow.
- Insert the Forever Christmas Cards CD into your computer and open the Papers section. Print out the red plaid pattern (page 15), green flourish (page 7) and the ivory dot (page 41). Open the Art section and print pages 16 and 20.
- With fold on top, trim card to 5x5 and cover front with red plaid. On the inside of the card flap, draw a 1 square. Draw 2 more squares the same size, one to the top left and one to the top right of the center square. Cut out the 3 windows with an X-acto knife and metal-edged ruler.
- On the front, Glue a 3/8x5 strip of green flourish vertically over the first and last windows. Cut out the red/green paper strip from page 16 and glue vertically over the middle window. Cut out the Peace, Joy, and Love circles and glue them onto the paper strips in the middle of the windows.
- Tie 2 small bows with red grosgrain. Make a hole in the center of each bow with a craft pick, then insert a cream mini-brad into the center of the bow. Use Zots to adhere the bows above and below the middle window.
- Inside the card: Cover inside with ivory dot. Cut a 2 green flourish square and glue to bottom right corner, tilted on point and going off the card a little (with card closed, make sure it doesnt show through a window). Cut out Merry Christmas and mat each word on red plaid, leaving a 1/8 border. Glue words on the green flourish square as shown.
Happy Holidays Card
By Ann Bernklau
Designer Tips: Round corners with the Corner Chomper for a fun, contemporary look. Lift the front greeting on foam tape to add dimension.
- Insert the Forever Christmas Cards CD into your computer and open the Papers section. Print out the blue music notes/trees paper (page 16) and teal dot (page 37). Under the Art section, print pages 8, 14, and 38.
- With fold on top, cover card front with blue music notes. Round the bottom 2 corners with the Corner Chomper. Cut a 5 x3 piece of teal dot and round the bottom 2 corners. Mat onto white cardstock, leaving a 1/8 border around the sides and bottom. Glue centered, flush with the top of the card.
- Cut a 4 x2 piece of blue music notes and round the corners. Mat onto white cardstock, leaving a 1/8 white border. Foam tape to the card centered from the top. Cut out Happy Holidays from page 8 and glue centered on the rounded rectangle. Cut out the curly brackets from page 1 and glue over the left and right sides of the greeting.
- Cut out the 2 teal retro snowflakes and 1 large purple retro snowflake from page 38. Glue the large snowflake to the card tilted on point and from the bottom. Glue the 2 teal snowflakes on either side of the large one. Cut out the 4 small snowflakes from page 8 and glue to card just below the existing snowflakes as shown.
- Inside the card: Glue a 6 x2 strip of blue music notes and glue across the center. Glue a 6 x1 strip of teal dot across the center. Cut out 3 greeting squares from page 8 and mat onto white cardstock, leaving a 1/8 border around each square. Glue the squares in a row in the center of the teal dot strip.