By LeNae Gerig
Click to Enlarge
Technique: Imbedding Mica Fragments in melted Embossing Enamel. Using embossing pen to add details. Designer's Tip: When dealing with multiple layers of paper and cardstock, emboss with Versamark and Embossing Enamel and heat with gun. When melted and still a liquid, quickly sprinkle in Mica Fragments. If you are only using 1 layer of paper or cardstock, heat the Embossing Enamel along with the Mica Fragments from the bottom of the cardstock. This prevents the Mica from blowing away.
- Vintage Christmas Paper Pack
- Vintage Christmas Ribbon Set
- Merry Merry Dazzles™, Gold Glitter - 2 sheets
- Snowy Postcard Cling Stamp
- 12"x12" Kraft Cardstock
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Fran-tage Mica Fragments
- Fran-tage Embossing Powders
- Black Super Fine Embossing Powder
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- 3/4" Circle Punch
- All 3 Round Punches
- Heat Gun
- Tacky Glue
- Foam Tape
- Stamp the postcard onto kraft paper cardstock and emboss black. Stamp a second time onto red swirl paper and emboss black. Stamp only sections of the stamp with holly leaves onto green paper and emboss black. Cut away the red paper oval.
- Use the embossing pen to add embossing liquid to the roofs of the red houses. Add to the ground in front of the homes and a small amount among the trees. Sprinkle with white Embossing Enamel. Tap off excess Enamel and sprinkle Pearlized Mica Fragments. Add more Enamel and heat from the bottom until the Enamel melts.
- Cut the Kraft paper image into a 5"x3 3/4" and mat with black cardstock, leaving a 1/8" border and extending the left side by 1". Cut the corners off the black end to make a tag shape. Punch a 3/4" red swirl circle and glue to the tag end. Punch with 1/4" hole punch. Thread with green ribbon. Glue green rick rack over the left edge of the postcard.
- Foam tape the red oval over the craft paper postcard, lining up the images. Cut the green holly leaves out and glue to the red oval. Add Tacky Glue to the holly centers and sprinkle Gilded Gold Mica. Let dry. Add the "Merry" Dazzles( to the red oval.