By Ann Barba
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: I love that you can make a paint out of the Perfect Pearls just by adding water. It adds so much shine to your project!
- Christmas Lace Double-sided Paper Pack
- Christmas Greetings Dazzles™ Gold
- Strawberries Metal Stencil
- Artist Spackle
- Mini Squeegee
- Perfect Pearls Metallics, Perfect Pearls Jewels
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Water, plastic lid or palette
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Cut your card to 3"x4 1/4" with the fold on the left. Cover the card with Christmas lace corner paper with the lace across the bottom. Place "NOEL" centered, 1/4" from the top. Dip the small brush into water and scoop a tiny bit of red Perfect Pearls onto a plastic lid or palette. Mix with your brush, adding either water or Perfect Pearls if needed. Paint inside the letters of the greeting and let dry.
- Place the Santa stencil on navy blue cardstock. Scoop some Artist Spackle out of the jar and apply a thick strip along the top of the Santa. Scrape the Spackle across the stencil from top to bottom. Repeat until the Spackle has filled the holes and the squeegee touches the stencil as it runs across. Remove the stencil and rinse the stencil and squeegee with water. Let dry for about 15 minutes.
- Use the small brush again to make a red paint and paint the Santa hat, bird, and Santa suit. Rinse your brush and create a paint with the pearl (white) Perfect Pearls. Paint the fur linings and the beard. Rinse your brush and make a gold paint. Paint the boots, mittens, star, and beak. Rinse the brush and mix together a bit of pearl and a bit of copper to create a light flesh tone. Paint Santa's face. Let dry completely. Cut out around the Santa, leaving a 1/16" border and glue centered to card as shown.