By Ann Barba
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: After you create the design with the Sizzle on the Paper Tex, you can color the paper Tex with Spectrum Noir pens-I used TB9 from the blues set to color the background of the snowman.
- Snowman with Bird Stencil
- Frosty Woodland Dazzles™, Silver
- Sizzle Heat Tool
- Paper Tex Papers
- Ceramic tile or other heatproof surface
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Winter Flannels Paper Pack
- Blue Spectrum Noir Pen Set
- Carrot Smooch Ink
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock, Cherry Chocolate Smooch Ink, Gold Lame Smooch Ink, Cape Cod Smooch Ink
- Stencil Tape
- Small Zots™
- Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover the card front with snowflake frame paper with the border along the top and left as shown.
- Place 4"x5" of the white Paper Tex on your ceramic tile. Place the snowman stencil centered on the Paper Tex. Before plugging in the Sizzle, install the pointed tip. Plug in the Sizzle, switch it to high heat, and set it on the wire holder to heat up. After about 5 minutes, start tracing the stencil on the ceramic tile, melting the Paper Tex. After you have traced the whole image, lift the Paper Tex with the stencil from the tile and check the reverse to see if you need to go over any areas. After your image is complete, turn off and unplug your Sizzle and let set for about 30 minutes to cool before putting it away. Remove any "innies" from the Paper Tex and the tile.
- Place your snowman image on some scrap paper. Trim the piece to 3"x3 3/4" with the snowman centered. Color the whole piece with the TB9 Spectrum Noir Pen until it becomes a solid navy blue. Let dry for a couple minutes. Mat the piece on white cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border.
- Color in the hat and scarf with Cherry Chocolate Smooch® ink. Color the carrot, broom bristles, and bird with Carrot. Go over the bird with a little bit of Cherry Chocolate and add some Gold Lamé to the broom bristles. Color the broom handle with Gold Lamé. Create shadows on the snow parts by outlining the left and bottom edges of the snow shapes with Cape Cod Smooch® ink.
- Mat the piece on purple snowflake with a 1/18" border and glue to card 1/2" from the bottom and 3/8" from the right. Tie a bow with the sheer "Let it Snow" ribbon and Zot it to the top left of the snowman image. Color "Warm Wishes" on the Dazzle sheet with the TB9 Spectrum Noir pen and place above the snowman as shown.