Project comments (0) | Write a comment
JOY to all
JOY to all
By Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: It's so easy to create lovely card focals using Lacy Christmas Die-Cuts and Christmas Lace Dazzles together. So many possibilities!
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with green striped paper. Cut a light green stripe from the multi-color striped paper (the back of the green striped sheet) and mat the top edge with dark green cardstock, with a 1/8" border. Glue across the card, 1" from the bottom. Glue a 1/4" wide strip of dark green cardstock even with the bottom. Glue a 5" length of the olive crepe ribbon across the card, 1 3/4" from the top.
- Remove the rectangular frame sticker from the sheet and back the rosette portion of the frame with burgundy cardstock, trimming edges evenly. Place the sticker centered on a 3 1/2"x2 5/8" dark green rectangle. Mat on white with 1/16" borders. Place over the olive ribbon on the card front. Add a burgundy swirl die-cut to the left side and overlap the edges of the swirl around the rectangle as shown. Glue in place. Add the word stickers to the center of the sticker frame.
- Back a wide border sticker with burgundy cardstock and trim close to the edges. Glue across the card, leaving a 1/16" border across the bottom. Foam tape the holly leaves and berries die-cut overlapping the right side of the border and sticker frame rectangle as shown.
- Back a 1 3/8" rosette sticker with burgundy cardstock and trim the edges evenly. Foam tape overlapping the burgundy swirl die-cut. Back a smaller rosette or snowflake sticker on burgundy and add to the swirl die-cut. Place tiny snowflake stickers on die-cuts as shown. Zot knotted olive ribbon to lower left portion of the card.
- Mat a 5"x2 1/2" green striped paper on dark green with 1/16" borders. Glue centered to the inside. Glue a 5" length of olive green ribbon centered across the striped paper. Write or computer print "Peace on Earth" centered on the oval green/burgundy/blue die-cut label. Arrange the label with a burgundy swirl die-cut overlapping it and glue overlapping the ribbon as shown.
- Back a narrow sticker border with dark green cardstock and trim edges close to the sticker. Glue even with the bottom edge of the matted paper. Back a rosette with swirls sticker on burgundy, then add overlapping the label and border sticker as shown.