By LeNae Gerig
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: To make the metal stencil release easily from the adhesive sheet, first use bar soap and water to make a thin paste and rub it over one side of the stencil. The paste should be soapy without being wet. Place the stencil soap side down on the adhesive sheet with the opposite side of the adhesive covered with white cardstock. After glittering, turn the finished piece over, stencil side down and peel the paper backed adhesive from the stencil. The soapy side will allow the stencil to release easily with out distorting the stencil.
- Star Santa Stencil
- Silver Linen Specialty Paper
- Layered Labels Template
- Metallic Ribbon Set
- WOW! Extra Fine Glitter Value Pack, (24 pieces)
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Kool Tak Double-Sided Adhesive Sheets
- Sticky Notes
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- Medium Zots™
- Cut the double sided adhesive sheet to slightly larger than the template. Place the adhesive on white cardstock and the stencil on top of the adhesive. Trim the cardstock and adhesive to the same size as the stencil. Use Sticky Notes to mask off areas as you color the eyes, mouth, heart, hands and feet black. Remove excess glitter. Color the hat trim silver, the hat and body red.
- Dust off excess glitter and remove the stencil from the adhesive. Pour white glitter over the entire stencil, using fingertips to move glitter around for full coverage. Tap off excess white glitter.
- Mat the white cardstock with black, leaving a 1/16" border. Trace the 3 1/2" square Bracket Frame A from the template onto the back of the Silver Linen Specialty paper. Mat with black, leaving a 1/16" border. Foam tape the square Santa to the Frame, on point.
- Fold a 6" length of green metallic ribbon in half. Glue the ends to extend from under the top of the Santa square. Glue a metallic bow over the ends.