By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: The contrast of the black/ivory/red reindeer against the circular red/green/ivory die-cut is strikingly beautiful. Gold Jewel Dazzles add a touch of sparkle.
- Eggnog Artful Card Kit
- Sugar Plum Satin Ribbon Collection
- Gold Jewel Dazzles™
- White Cards & Envelopes
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- Medium Zots™
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Card front: Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with Eggnog red textured paper, then ink the edges black. Cut a 4 3/4"x6 1/4" ivory/red snowflakes paper. Cut a 4 3/4"x3/4" Eggnog green/red/black strip from striped paper and glue even with the bottom. Mat on black cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue centered to the card front.
- Punch out the black corner die-cuts and foam tape one to each corner above the striped paper strip. Punch out the large ivory circular die-cut with red/green scalloped frame. Foam tape to the card front, even with the top and right edges.
- Punch out the black reindeer die-cut and ink the edges of the red scarf with black ink. Position the head of the reindeer over the die-cut to check for placement. Glue the portion of the reindeer that overlaps the circular die-cut, and foam tape the bottom of the reindeer to the card.
- Cut out "Christmas" and "cheer" leaving a thin black border on each. Foam tape to the card front as shown. Foam tape a small red snowflake die-cut each centered on the reindeer's scarf and overlapping the "Christmas" word cut-out. Embellish the die-cuts with Gold Jewel Dazzles. Tie a tan satin bow and Zot to the upper edge of the striped border strip.
- Cut a 5"x2 3/4" ivory/red snowflakes paper and mat long sides on black cardstock with 1/16" borders. Mat the top edge on Eggnog red textured paper with a 1/4" border. Ink the top edge black and glue even with the bottom of the inside. Ink the edges of remaining 3/8" wide Eggnog green/red/black striped paper strip leftover from the front. Glue 1" long pieces to the side edges of the card even with the top of the red textured mat. Punch out the ivory/black/red label and glue overlapping the top edge of the papers. Cut out the "Peace & Joy..." word block and mat on black cardstock with 1/4" borders at top and bottom and 1/16" borders at sides. Glue centered over the label. Glue a small red snowflake die-cut at each side of the word block. Embellish with Gold Jewel Dazzles. Zot knotted ribbon as shown.