Peace Dove Card
Peace Dove Card
By Gail Booth
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: Re-heat the "Peace" greeting area of the stamp after chalk inking, to make the embossing glossy again.
- Christmas Sweets Double-Sided Paper Pack
- Christmas Sweets Ribbon Set
- Green Encrusted Jewel Kit
- White Cards & Envelopes
- 12x12 White Cardstock
- Dove Music Cling Rubber Stamp
- Butter Limited Edition Fluid Chalk Ink Pad
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- Black Super Fine Embossing Powder
- Medium Zots™
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Sanding Block
- . Cosmetic Sponge
- Heat Gun
- Card front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover with Christmas Sweets red dot paper. Swipe the corners with the VersaMark stamp pad, dust with Aged Hunter embossing enamel and heat to emboss.
- Cut a 5"x3/4" white cardstock and sand the bottom edge. Glue a 5"x1/2" Christmas Sweets tan dot paper on the cardstock top edge. Swipe the tan dots paper strip with VersaMark, dust with Mahogany Tinsel embossing powder and heat to emboss. Sprinkle Green glass glitter over the embossed area and re-heat from underneath with the heat gun, to embed the glitter. Repeat for another strip and foam tape both strips on the top and bottom edges of your card.
- Use VersaMark to stamp the dove image on white cardstock. Dust the image from the beak over and across the "Peace" greeting with Black Super Fine embossing powder. Dust the wing tips with Aged Hunter embossing enamel, and the tail with Mahogany Tinsel embossing powder and heat to emboss. Sprinkle Green glass glitter on the embossed wing tips and re-heat from underneath to embed.
- Cut out the image with a 1/8" border all around. Sand and distress the edges heavily. Ink the edges with Butter Fluid Chalk ink and ink across the "Peace" greeting. Foam tape the bird over a length of red dot sheer and Zot the ribbon as shown. Cut a "v" in each ribbon end. Zot four lengths of ivory grosgrain under the beak, as shown.