By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: Add color to the edges of the letters with red tinsel embossing powder, then emboss the cardstock reindeer and snowflakes die-cuts with gold embossing powder for a beautiful look. This is a great holiday decoration to place on your mantle or coffee table.
- Christmas Sweets Double-Sided Paper Pack
- Christmas Sweets Ribbon Set
- Flying Reindeer Cutting Die Set
- Gold Jewel Dazzles™
- Red Jewel Dazzles™
- JOY Wood Letterpress Block Set
- Powder Blue BigShot Die Cutting Machine
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- Red Encrusted Jewel Kit, Gold Encrusted Jewel Kit
- Heat Gun
- 12x12 White Cardstock
- Medium Zots™
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- . Paper towel
- 1) Apply VersaMark ink to the edges of the letter "J" and to some of the front edges of the black block. Sprinkle with red tinsel embossing powder, then heat to melt. Repeat for the "O" and "Y". Piece paper on the letters to fit as shown and glue in place.
- 2) Die cut reindeer, swirls, and snowflakes from white cardstock. Apply VersaMark ink to the Reindeer die-cut and sprinkle with Aged Gold embossing powder and heat to melt. Repeat for the remaining shapes, using Pearl Champagne embossing powder, then heat to melt.
- 3) Add Gold Jewel Border Dazzles, then foam tape the gilded die-cuts in place as shown. Finish by adding Red Jewel Dazzles and ribbons as desired.