Santa Pop-Up Card
Santa Pop-Up Card
By Gail Booth
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: Different thicknesses of paper and cardstock may need extra cardstock shims when using the die-cutting machine with these pop-up cutting dies. I used three cardstock shims with the "Big Shot" die-cutting machine.
- Black Suede
- Silver Snowflakes Holographic Paper
- Red Fireworks Holographic Paper
- Christmas Sweets Ribbon Set
- Christmas Cheer Stamp Set
- All 4 Acrylic Blocks
- Santa & Reindeer Pop-Up Cutting Die
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- White Super Fine Embossing Powder
- Medium Zots™
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Heat Gun
- Powder Blue BigShot Die Cutting Machine
- Deluxe Embossing Tool & Stylus
- Score a line horizontally in the center of a 5 1/2"x10" black cardstock. Place the cutting die on your die-cutting machine platform and place the cardstock over the cutting die, aligning the score line with the small "fold cuts" at the centerline of the die (located on the right and left sides). Process the die-cut in your machine, then lift it from the cutting die, being careful not to rip the detailed pop-up areas. Repeat the process with a 5 1/2"x10" Black Suede paper, and a 5 1/2"x10" Silver Snowflakes Holographic paper (save a small silver holo paper star die-cut innie for step-5).
- For the Black Suede die-cut: trim off the top of the die-cut at the fold lines on the right and left, and just above Santa's sleigh and the reindeer reins. Glue to the bottom half of the black cardstock die-cut, aligning all outer edges. Glue a length of red/white dotted sheer ribbon across the bottom card face, gluing ends to back of cardstock.
- For the Silver Snowflakes die-cut: trim off the bottom of the die-cut at the fold lines on the right and left, and just above Santa's sleigh and the reindeer reins (cut off a small silver holo paper reindeer and save for step-5). Glue to the top half of the black cardstock die-cut, aligning all outer edges.
- Score a line horizontally in the center of a 5 1/2"x10" Red Fireworks Holographic paper and valley fold, then open. Glue your pop up piece onto the Red Fireworks Holographic paper (gluing only the top and bottom areas, not Santa and his reindeer), aligning the scored fold lines at the center and keeping a 1/4" border on the outer edges.
- Stamp "Merry Christmas" with VersaMark on a 3 1/2"x2 1/2" black cardstock, dust with white embossing powder and use the heat gun to emboss. Mat on Silver Snowflakes Holographic paper with a 1/8" border and foam tape on the center of the bottom card face. Zot on a double bow of dotted sheer and red glimmer twill as shown. Zot on the saved star and reindeer die-cuts, as shown.