Project comments (0) | Write a comment
Get all the major supplies needed to make these projects with the Christmas Laser Set or you can order them separately.
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: Adding the red shine design paper beneath "Christmas Joy" really shows off the beautiful intricate design on the card front. I stamped a border with white ink, using the holly image to balance the center focal.
- Back the "Christmas Joy" design on the card front by covering the inside front with red Shine Design paper, trim the edges evenly.
- Cut a 5"x1" red strip, mat on green, then glue across the card front 3/8" from the bottom. Stamp four holly images with the white ink evenly spaced across the red strip. Glue ribbon across the upper left corner of the card, then Zot a bow in place.
- For the inside: Cut a 2 1/2"x2" red rectangle and mat on green, leaving a 1/4" border. Stamp "Merry Christmas" on the red rectangle, and stamp a holly image centered below it. Add a ribbon tab at the top of the matted rectangle and glue centered to the inside.
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: Here I cut the laser design from the card front (a 3 1/4" square), then paper-pieced beneath the laser openings with suede and hammered papers for a pretty effect. A green suede frame creates a striking contrast for the window, and brings out the green in the paper-pieced laser design. I used the tracing paper to draw a guide for cutting the ornament shape from the hammered gold paper.
- Open the card out flat onto your cutting mat with the front facing up. Use your ruler and knife to cut a 3 1/4" square from the card front, with the ornament laser design centered in the square. Remove the square and trim each side slightly. Place tracing paper over the top of the ornament and outline the ornament shape, including the top, which is just beneath the bow. Turn the tracing paper over and place on the back of the hammered gold paper. Use your pencil to trace over your lines, to transfer an outline of the shape onto the paper. Cut out the shape, just outside the lines. Place the cut out shape beneath the laser design and tape the edges to the back at top and bottom. Cut a 3/8" strip from green suede paper and place between the laser image and the hammered gold paper. Tape the side edges to secure.
- Place a piece of red suede paper beneath the bow and berries area of the laser design, trimming as needed to fit, securing with tape. Add green suede beneath the holly leaves in the same way. Mat the square on gold hammered paper leaving a 1/8" border. Mat again on green suede, leaving a 1/16" border.
- Glue a 4" green suede square centered over the window opening on the card front. Open the card out flat on your cutting mat, with the inside facing up. Use your knife and ruler to cut the green suede from inside the window opening. You should now have a green suede frame around your window on the front of the card. Place the matted paper-pieced laser design on the inside, so it shows centered inside the opening from the front. Glue to the inside.
- Punch a tag from the hammered gold paper. Stamp "Holiday Blessings" on the center and mat on red suede. Foam tape over a ribbon loop and attach to the front overlapping the green frame as shown. Stamp "NOEL" on hammered gold paper; trim edges and mat on red suede. Glue ribbon across the inside beneath the matted laser design. Attach "NOEL" centered over the ribbon.