Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
Stacked Presents Card
Stacked Presents Card
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: I used red and green glitters for a 2-color sparkly look on the stamped presents focal for this card. I sprinkled small amounts of glitter, one color at a time, covering the areas of the glue-stamped image according to color. With this technique, the colors tend to mix when tapped off, so I made sure to use only the amount of glitter needed.
- With the card fold at the left, cover the card front with red/tan swirls paper. Trim the top corners of the card to create a tag shape. Glue a 5” x 4 ½” striped rectangle across the card front, ¾” from the bottom. Cut two 5” x ¼” strips of Christmas Green Iridescent paper and glue even with the top and bottom edges of the striped paper. Glue a 5” x 2 3/8” teal patterned paper rectangle over the center of the striped paper. Ink the edges.
- Cut a 2” x 3” tan textured paper rectangle (from the ornaments border paper) and mat on green iridescent paper, leaving a thin border. Place the stacked presents stamp on the acrylic block, then add glue to the stamp with the glue pad. Stamp over the center of the tan textured paper rectangle. Sprinkle red glitter over areas of the stamped image that you wish to be red, then add green glitter for the remaining portions of the stamped image. Tap off excess glitter and let dry.
- Cut a 2 ¾” x ½” tan textured paper rectangle and mat on teal patterned paper. Ink the edges. Stamp “Merry Christmas” on the center of the rectangle with glue, then add green glitter. Tap off excess glitter and return it to the container. Let dry.
- Stamp stars on the red/tan swirls portions of the card front with glue, then add green glitter. Tap off excess and let dry. Glue the stacked presents rectangle centered over the teal patterned paper on the card front. Glue “Merry Christmas” over the iridescent strip below the focal. Add ribbon.
- Inside the card: Stamp “Celebrate the season” on tan textured paper with black ink. Trim to a rectangle and mat on iridescent paper. Mat again on red/tan swirls paper, then striped paper. Ink the edges. Stamp a star to the left of the words with glue, then glitter with green glitter. Glue centered to the inside.
- Cut a 1 1/8” x 1 1/4” tan textured paper rectangle, mat on teal. Add glue to the stacked presents stamp, then mask around the top present with paper or post-its. Stamp on the center of the rectangle, then add glitters as shown. Shake off excess glitter and let dry. Glue to inside as shown.