By LeNae Gerig
LeNae's Tip: To make the button holes on the hearts straight, mark the holes on the front of the heart using the pattern and punch using the 1/16" hole punch after matting.
|| - indicates that the product page has a video demo.
- Place the blue/ivory check paper with the black border at the bottom. Ink the edges of a 12"x 3/4" strip of blue swirl paper and glue 2 1/4" from the bottom of the page.
- Mat the 4"x6" photo with red swirl paper, leaving a 1/16" mat and ink the edges black. Mat again with a 3/8" mat of striped paper and finally a 1/8" mat of black cardstock. Secure a red mini brad at each corner on the striped mat. Glue the mat 1 1/2" from the right and 3" from the top.
- Flower: Trace the flower stem on striped paper, the leaves and base from blue swirl. Cut an S3 heart from red swirl a S4 heart from blue swirl paper and a S5 heart from red. Mat all of the pieces with black cardstock, leaving a 1/16" wide border. Assemble the flower stem on the left side of the border with the hearts stacked in graduating sizes.
- Before placing the last heart. Punch the button holes and thread with 4 strands of floss. Knot and trim the tails to 1/4" long.
- Border: Trace and cut three S5 and three H5 heart buttons from red swirl paper. Mat each with black cardstock and thread with floss. Glue across the blue border, alternating button styles.
- Journaling: Write on thin strips of white paper and ink the edges black. Glue overlapping the flower stem and one at the top right above the photo. Trace and cut a S4 red heart and S5 blue heart button, mat and layer with foam tape at the right side of the journaling strip.
If you enjoy this newsletter, please pass it on to a friend! If you received this newsletter from a friend and want to sign up for your own copy, please click here. And if you no longer want to receive Creative Spark, let us know by clicking here.
© 2011 Hot Off The Press, Inc.
1250 NW Third Avenue, Canby, OR, 97013