Project comments (0) | Write a comment
By LeNae Gerig
Designer's Tip: To suspend the heart inside the ornament and in midair, sandwich Dazzles™ between clear strips of overlay.
- Place the large scallop heart Dazzles™ on black cardstock and cut around the scallops, leaving a 1/32" border. Place a medium heart at the center.
- Cut 1 1/4"x8" of overlay material. Glue the back of the black cardstock heart to one side. Place a large Dazzles™ heart centered on the black heart over the overlay strip.
- Open the ornament and run a very thin line of hot glue along 1" of the top and bottom edges. Glue the 1/2 ornament down over the overlay strip, with the heart "floating" at the center of the ornament. Trim the excess overlay even with the ball edge. Snap the ornament pieces together.
- Place lengths of Dazzles™ heart border on the left and right seams to the ornament. Thread a 5" length of red Memory Thread and twist the ends. Glue the ends to the ball top to secure.
- Hold an 8" length of both red and gold Memory Thread as one and tie a bow. Coil the tails around a stylus or pencil point and glue the bow the base of the ornament hanger. Place tiny Dazzles™ hearts around the front and back of the ball.