Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
With Love on your Anniversary
With Love on your Anniversary
By Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: Use Artist Spackle with stencils to create a raised design, then paint the image with Smooch ink for a shimmery finish. The decorated envelope should be hand-delivered, as the spackled image and ribbon may be damaged if mailed.
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with striped paper. Open the card out flat with the card front facing up. Measure 3" inches to the left of the upper right corner and mark with a pencil. Measure 3" to the right from the same corner and mark again with a pencil. Connect the marks with your ruler and trim off the corner from the card front only. Ink edges of the card front with black ink.
- Place the love/heart stencil on red textured paper. Use the stencil tape to secure it to the paper. Use the squeegee to apply the Artist Spackle over the stencil. Spread the spackle evenly, filling in the open areas of the stencil. Use the squeegee to add the excess spackle back into the container. Carefully remove the stencil from the paper. Rinse the stencil and squeegee with water and pat dry with a paper towel. Repeat this procedure for two corner stencil images, both centered on a corner of the red textured paper. Let all three images dry.
- Place the love/heart stencil over the dry image. Trace around the outside edge of the stencil with a pencil. Remove the stencil and cut out the heart shape. Paint the spackled design with snickerdoodle Smooch ink. Let dry. Paint the spackled corner image designs with Smooch, but don't cut around them yet. Let dry.
- Ink the edges of the heart cut-out with black ink. Glue centered on the lower card front. Tie a bow with 3/4" wide black sheer dotted ribbon and Zot centered on the diagonal edge near the upper right corner of the card front.
- Cover the inside of the card with black/tan words and border paper, with the border at the left edge. Trim excess from the outside edges of one spackled corner image leaving a 1/8" border on all three sides. Glue even with the upper right corner of the inside as shown. Trim a 3/4" wide strip from the striped paper. Ink the edges with black ink and glue across the lower edge of the trimmed corner image.
- Write or computer print message on ivory textured paper and trim to a rectangle. Ink the edges and mat on red textured paper with 1/4" borders. Ink edges and glue to lower portion of the inside. Zot knotted ribbon to bottom of word block as shown. Ink edges of the inside.
- For the envelope: Glue the remaining spackled corner image centered on the envelope flap with the design at the outer edge of the flap. Trim the edges even with the flap, leaving a thin border around the spackled image. Glue striped paper across the top of the flap above the spackled image, trimming edges even with the flap. Zot knotted ribbon as shown.