Love in Curacao page
Love in Curacao page
By Gail Booth
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: Press an ink pad onto your craft sheet and add a little water to use with a paintbrush. Paint your artwork with water before painting with ink, to get a watercolor effect.
- Color Me™ Ebony Nostalgia Paper Pack
- Grapefruit Ribbon Collection
- Plumeria Limited Edition Fluid Chalk Ink Pad, Chambray Limited Edition Fluid Chalk Ink Pad, Black Cherry Limited Edition Fluid Chalk Ink Pad, Mint Limited Edition Fluid Chalk Ink Pad
- 12x12 White Cardstock
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Knife & Refill
- 12"x18" Cutting Mat
- Medium Zots™
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Black .01 Precision Pen
- Cosmetic Sponges
- Fine Tip Paintbrush
- Craft Sheet
- Font: Parisienne, 26 & 18 pt.
- Start with the corner postcard Ebony Nostalgia Color Me paper as your background. Use a sponge to apply Chambray and Plumeria inks in random areas of your page in a circular motion, avoiding the flowers, butterfly and postcard.
- Apply ink to your craft sheet and use a little water and the paintbrush to paint the flowers, butterfly and an extra artwork flower the following colors: Mint for the leaves and stamp, Black Cherry for the flowers and stamp, Chambray and Plumeria for the butterflies, flowers and postcard.
- Mat a 3 1/2"x5" photo on black cardstock with a 1/8" border and lay on your page 2 1/4" from the left edge, just covering the top of the postcard (do not glue). Mat a 5"x3 1/2" photo on black cardstock with a 1/8" border 1 1/2" from the right edge and 1 1/4" from the lower edge. Make light pencil marks where the photos cover the corner artwork. Remove the photos and use the knife to cut around the artwork between the pencil marks. Slip the photos under the cut areas and glue in place, gluing the cutwork over the photos.
- Cut out the postmarked label and ink with Chambray and Plumeria. Journal the title on the label, and journal a sentiment on a 4"x1 1/4" white cardstock. Ink the edges, mat on black with a 1/16" border and foam tape above the photo, as shown. Foam tape the label above the other photo and foam tape the flower as shown. Zot on a stitched grosgrain bow above the sentiment, and a knot of ribbon on the postcard.