SAVE on the products used in this project with Easter Carrot!
By Talia Sanderson
Click to Enlarge
Designer’s Tip: Use the black pigment ink for stamping and heat set the ink to prevent your stamping from running from the Spectrum Noir Pens.
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Houndstooth POW Glitter Papers
- Green Memory Thread, Light Green Memory Thread
- Easy Circles Template
- Hoppy Easter Stamp
- Cool Greys Spectrum Noir Pen Set, Pink Spectrum Noir Pen Set
- 15 Lovely Labels Template
- McGill 1/8" Hole Punch
- Black Pigment Ink Pad
- Heat Gun
- Free pattern
- Using the Easy Circles Template, trace an 11 1/2" circle on the back of your Apricot POW paper and cut out. Next cut your circle into equal quarters. Place a strip of Zips™ along the inside straight edge of a quarter and roll into a cone shape, securing the two straight edges.
- Cut a 6”x8” of Evergreen POW paper. Cut 1/4" strips along the 8” side leaving 1” inch at the bottom of the paper. Place a strip of Zips™ along the 1” uncut edge and roll into a circle, attaching the two edges.
- Line the inside top edge of your Apricot cone with Zips™. Slide the 1" uncut section of Evergreen POW paper into the cone and attach by pressing into place. Fill your box with any goodies you see fitting.
- Cut eight 6” sections each of green and light green memory thread. Stack them in an uneven bundle and tie one piece of thread around the bundle in a knot. Wrap the ends around a pencil to curl as shown. Using a section of thread, gather the fringed Evergreen edges and tie a knot to close the top of the carrot.
- Stamp the Hoppy Easter bunny, flower and sentiment onto white cardstock using black pigment ink and heat set using a heat gun. Color in the stamped images using Spectrum Noir Pens in Cool Greys and Pinks and cut out.
- Trace out a tag in orange cardstock, ink the edges black and glue the stamped images as shown. Punch a 1/8” hole 1/8” from the top of the tag and string a piece of memory thread through and tie in a knot to secure the tag to the carrot.