Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Easter Card Bundle or you can order them separately.
Laura's Tip: Decorate the egg stencil with a variety of colors by masking off areas that are not to be painted. Allow the paint to dry between each color application for best results.
By Laura Nicholas
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
- Flower & Heart Egg Stencil
- Spring Misty Dimensional Paint
- Cardmakers Icy Rainbow Creative Pack
- Cardmakers Icy Rainbow Creative Kit
- Cardmakers Icy Rainbow Ribbons
- Brown StazOn ink pad
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Stencil Tape
- Cut a 5x6 1/2 piece of purple floral paper. Glue a 1-wide strip of striped paper along the left edge of the floral paper.
- Wrap a piece of purple ribbon over the seam between the papers, tucking the ends behind the paper.
- Print a greeting on a tag cut-out and use foam tape to attach it to the ribbon. Tie a bow in another piece of ribbon and attach to the top of the tag with a Zot.
- Place the template on top of a piece of purple paper and tape securely. Use stencil tape to mask off areas not to be painted. Apply paint. Remove tape and template and let paint dry completely. Repeat for each color.
- When the paint is dry, use the stencil to trace the egg shape around the painted areas. Ink the edges and double-mat on to striped paper, then blue paper.
- Cut 1-2 tall blades of grass from green paper and ink the edges. Glue to the bottom of the striped mat.
- Add mini brads near the top right and bottom right corners of the egg.
- Glue the entire piece to the front of the card.
- Inside the card: Cut a strip of floral paper and ink the edges. Glue inside the card.
- Add a greeting to the tag cut-out and secure a ribbon loop with a mini brad. Foam tape tag to the strip.