By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: Back the rose design with contrasting papers for a beautiful look.
- Large Rose Stencils
- Grapefruit Double-sided Paper Pack
- Grapefruit Ribbon Collection
- Gold Tiny Words & Phrases Dazzles™
- Gold Jewel Dazzles™
- Tiny Tags & Little Labels Template
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Sizzle Heat Tool
- Paper Tex Papers
- . Ceramic tile or other heatproof surface
- Stencil Tape
- Medium Zots™
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- . Pencil with eraser
- Card Front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover the card front with Grapefruit black textured paper. Cut a 4 3/4"x6 1/4" Grapefruit pink/black circles paper and glue centered to the card front. Cut a 4 3/4"x3/4" dotted stripes paper and mat the long edges on Grapefruit black textured paper with 1/8" borders. Glue across the card front, 3/8" from the bottom.
- Cut a 5" square from Paper Tex and anchor it to your heatproof surface with stencil tape. Place the rose stencil in the center and anchor with stencil tape. Use the Sizzle Heat Tool to trace around the edges of the stencil image plus the outer rounded-rectangle shape of the stencil. Remove the tape from the Paper Tex.
- Use the stencil to trace the rose blossom shape onto Grapefruit dark pink textured paper, then cut around the shape, outside the pencil lines. Erase the pencil lines and align the shape beneath the rose image on the Paper Tex. Glue in place. Repeat for the stem/leaves with Grapefruit black textured paper. Mat the Paper Tex with rose image on Grapefruit black textured paper with 1/4" borders. Foam tape centered to the card front above the striped paper.
- Use 3/4" wide pink/white sheer dotted ribbon to tie a bow and Zot to the stem of the rose. Use the template to trace a Bracket Label F onto Grapefruit black textured paper and cut it out. Mat on Grapefruit dark pink textured paper with 1/16" borders. Place "Hello" sticker centered on the label and foam tape it to the left side of the striped paper. Add Gold Jewel Dazzles to the bottom row of circles on the background paper and corners of the matting for the paper Tex rose.