By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: Die-cut frames are great for framing photos-quick and easy!
- Picnic Paper Pack
- Picnic Ribbon Collection
- Picnic Die-Cuts
- 6" Round Paper Doilies
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Medium Zots™
- Foam Tape
- Black .01 Precision Pen
- Font: MaryRead
- Cut a 8 3/4" square from Picnic green flowers paper and mat on navy cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue centered on the Picnic yellow floral background paper 1" from the top. Mat the 6"x4" horizontal photo on pale yellow cardstock with a 1/4" border, then red, with a 1/16" border. Mat the 5 1/4"x3 1/2" photo on pale yellow with 1/8" borders and red, with 1/16" borders. Punch out a dark blue/white die-cut frame and glue over 3"x3 1/2" photo.
- Cut a 6" round paper doily in half. Place the larger matted photo overlapping the green square and the background paper, 3/4" from the left side and 1 1/2" from the top. Glue corners in place. Tuck the cut edge of one doily half centered beneath the matted photo and glue in place. Glue the cut edge of the second doily half even with the right edge and top of the green square. Place the die-cut framed photo as shown. Glue 3/8" wide red/black dotted grosgrain ribbon across the page, 2 1/2" from the bottom. Position remaining photo overlapping the papers and ribbon as shown. Glue in place.
- Write or computer journal on the blue/yellow die-cut rectangle. Mat on pale yellow with 1/16" borders, rounding the corners with your scissors. Mat on navy with 1/8" borders. Glue to the left side of the page, overlapping the papers and ribbon.
- Glue blue mini rick rack along the left side of the larger photo. Write or print names and year on pale yellow. Trim to a rectangle and glue centered to the small red tag. Foam tape the tag overlapping the lower left corner of the photo.
- Punch out flower clusters, butterflies, and bee die-cuts, then foam tape them to the page. Zot knotted red/black dotted ribbon as shown.