Thinking of You
Thinking of You
By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer’s Tip: If your Shimmer Sheets curl a bit after heat embossing, heating the back of the curl will help to flatten it out. Double-sided adhesive works well to smooth the Shimmer Sheets in place on your card after heat embossing your stamped images. However, apply the adhesive very carefully--starting at one end and smoothing it down as you go, to make sure you don’t leave any air bubbles that will show on your finished design.
- Fancy Feathers double-sided paper pack
- Simply Susan Ribbon Set
- Silver Linen Specialty Paper
- Butterflies Stamp Set
- 4"x6" Acrylic Block
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Amethyst Gemstone Mylar Shimmer Sheetz 3pak
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- Zing Silver Glitter Embossing Powder
- Heat Gun
- Small dry paint brush
- Kool Tak Double-Sided Adhesive Sheets
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Scrap paper
- Front: Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with green/teal/pink feathers paper.
- Cut a 4 1/2"x5 5/8" piece of Amethyst Shimmer Sheets. Stamp the large butterfly image with VersaMark™ ink, angled on the left side, 1” from the bottom. Stamp the next butterfly angled on the right side, 7/8” from the top. Stamp the greeting above the butterflies on the left side. Place on scrap paper and sprinkle with Silver Zing! Glitter Embossing Eowder. Tap off the excess and place it back into the container. Use the dry paint brush to carefully brush away any stray embossing powder. Heat to melt with the heat gun.
- Turn the Shimmer Sheets over so the back-side is up. Cut a piece of double-sided adhesive that is slightly smaller than your embossed Shimmer Sheets. Peel the backing from just the edge of the adhesive and place it at one end of the Shimmer Sheets. Carefully smooth the adhesive onto the Shimmer Sheets a little at a time, peeling off the backing as you go. Now carefully place the Shimmer Sheets on the Silver Linen paper starting at one end and smoothing it from one end to the other. Trim the Silver Linen to 1/8” borders.
- Wrap the bottom of the Shimmer Sheetz with 3/4" wide green crepe ribbon and tie a bow on the left side. Trim each end into a “V”. Glue the matted Shimmer Sheetz centered on the card, even with the right side.