By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer’s Tip: To off-set the butterfly on the front, use your knife to cut through the top area where the butterfly’s antennae are connected to the card. Then apply foam tape to the back of the body and angle the butterfly over the left side of the card and press in place.
- Kit #2 Roses 3D Precut Butterfly Cardmaking Kit
- Pretty Posies Ribbon Set
- Teal Jewel Dazzles™
- Teal Jewel Border Dazzles™
- Family & Friends White Dazzles™
- Tiny Tags & Little Labels Template
- Knife & Refill
- Medium Zots™
- 400 Foam Squares
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Fold the light blue tri-panel card with butterfly on the scored lines. Cut out the matching roses and blue/white swirls panel, plus the smaller blue/white swirls panel and mat each on blue cardstock (contained in the kit) with 1/16” borders. Glue the roses panel centered on the right side of the card, inside the butterfly border. Glue the smaller panel on the left panel, inside the butterfly border as shown.
- Punch out the pieces for the Roses Papier Tole embellishment and foam tape them in place on their identical images. Use your knife to cut through the top area where the butterfly’s antennae are connected to the card. Apply foam tape to the back of the body and angle the butterfly on the left panel as shown. Press into place.
- Use the “Rounded Tag C” shape on the template to trace a tag on blue cardstock. Cut it out, then place Friends & Family Dazzles™ “Mom” on it. Glue on the left panel near the butterfly as shown. Use 1/4" wide sheer blue ribbon to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow on the top left panel as shown. Embellish with Teal Jewel Dazzles™ and Teal Jewel Border Dazzles™.