Project comments (1)
| Write a comment
|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||New techniques with versatile stamps-plus savings too!
About the Project
Technique: Multi-Shaper Punches
Designer: Laura Nicholas
Just for you, Mom
By Laura Nicholas
Designer Tip: Use the border of the punch to on both sides of the strip of cardstock to create a lacy border.
- Cut the brown cardstock to 5"x6". Cut the rose paper to 4"x6 ", ink the edges and glue to the brown paper.
- Cut a 6" strip of brown cardstock and punch the border. Trim the strip to 2" wide and punch the second side of the border. Ink the edges. Cut a 1" strip of tan paper and ink the edges, glue down the center of the punched border and glue the border to the left edge of the blue rose paper.
- Wrap blue sheer ribbon over the tan strip and tuck the ends behind the brown paper. Glue to the front of the card. Print journaling on tan paper and cut into a tag shape. Ink the edges and glue to border. Tie a bow and glue dot to the tag.
- Inside the card: Cut a 1" strip of rose paper. Punch another border of brown cardstock and glue to the edge of the rose paper. Cut a " strip of tan paper and ink the edges. Glue to the brown punched strip.
- Overlap the seams of the paper with blue sheer ribbon. Tuck ends behind the paper and glue the strip to the top inside of the card. Glue dot a bow to the ribbon. Mat journaling with brown cardstock and glue below the bow.
Happy Mothers Day
By Laura Nicholas
- Punch a square out of the yellow flowers paper. Trim the paper to 5"x6 " with the hole to the right side of the paper. Trace around the hole on the card front and cut out to create the window.
- Use the punch to punch a square out of green cardstock. Place the green square inside the card through the window. Use the cream side of the small punched flowers and glue around the edge of the green square.
- Trim a 1 " square of flower paper with a pink butterfly. Ink the edges and mat with cream paper. Glue to the center of the green square. Cut a small wing from a second butterfly and foam tape over the butterfly.
- Wrap ribbon over the yellow flowers paper and tuck the ends behind. Glue to the front of the card.
- Print journaling onto cream paper. Trim and ink the edges. Cut out a green tag and add the greeting. Foam tape to the ribbon and glue dot a bow to the tag. Cut out another pink butterfly and glue to the tag. Foam tape the small wings again over the first one and add penwork.