Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
Dots & Stripes Collection
By Susan Cobb
Susan's Tip: These slide mount innies are the perfect shapes and sizes to show off the diamond Dazzles! I inked the white side of the innie shapes, which gives them a totally different look, customizing it for the page. Then I added dazzles to the centers to showcase them. I cut a 1 1/2" square innie in half diagonally and used the resulting triangles as a photo corner and page corner.
- Ink the white side (direct to paper) of the following sizes of slide mount innies: two 1 1/2" squares, two 1" circles, one 1 5/8" circle, one 2 1/8" square, and two 1 3/8"x1" rectangles. Let them dry, then add another coat of ink for rich color. Cut one 1 1/2" square in half diagonally, then ink the cut edges. Set aside.
- Mat a 5x7 photo on brown cardstock. Cut out the large "Camelot" label art and borders, then ink the edges. Add the diamond Dazzle border to the right side of the label art. Journal on ivory cardstock and a tan tag, then ink the edges. Ink the edges of the brown circles background paper. Arrange large photo, art, border, tag, and journaling on page as shown, overlapping the border with journaling block. Glue in place.
- Add Dazzles to the inked slide mount innie shapes. Glue the shapes to the page at the end of the border, tag, corner of the photo, and label art as shown. Add five individual diamond stickers left from the border across the end of the tag.
- Mat three 3 1/8"x4 3/4" photos on brown cardstock and arrange overlapping edges across the center of the brown circles background paper. Ink edges of the page. Glue the inked border across the page, about 1 1/4" from the bottom.
- Cut out the two rectangular label art pieces and mat on brown cardstock. Glue to the page above and below the photos as shown. Journal on the brown label and glue to the lower left of the photos and glue the brown tab to right edge of the right photo. Add the diamond Dazzle border across the tab. Add an individual diamond Dazzle to each side of the brown label. Add diamond Dazzles to the inked slide mount innie shapes and glue to the page as shown.
Thinking of you
By Susan Cobb
Susan's Tip: I used the black side of a 2 1/8" square slide mount innie beneath the large diamond Dazzle as the basis for the art rectangle at the center. The gold Dazzle contrasts well against the black slide mount innie. The Dazzle corners an border across the bottom work well as accents for this card. The tiny swirl Dazzle is the perfect embellishment for a small tag.
- Turn the card so the fold is at the top. Cover the card front with the black/gray dotted paper. Ink the edges of a 6"x4 1/2" pink/lavender/ivory striped rectangle and glue centered to the card front. Cut a 6"x1/2" strip of lavender cardstock, ink the edges. Attach the Dazzle border across the bottom of the strip, trimming the ends evenly. Glue the strip across the bottom of the striped rectangle.
- Turn a 2 1/8" square slide mount innie on point and glue centered to the striped rectangle on the card front, with the black side up. Center the large diamond Dazzle over the black square innie, overlapping the striped paper, and press in place. Mat art rectangle on lavender cardstock, then glue centered over the diamond Dazzle.
- Write or computer print "Thinking of you" on the small tag. Add the tiny swirl Dazzle and brad at the end. Glue to the lower left portion of the card. Add corner Dazzles at top corners of the striped paper.
- Inside the card: Ink the edges of a 6"x4 1/2" striped paper rectangle and glue centered to the inside. Write or computer print "and hoping your day is special" on the dark pink label and glue centered to a 3 7/8"x2" black dotted rectangle. Glue to the striped rectangle, 3/4" from the bottom of the card. Cut out the long narrow art rectangle and glue centered to a 6"x1 1/8" lavender cardstock rectangle. Ink the edges and glue across the striped rectangle, 3/8" above the black dotted mat. Add Dazzle border pieces to the sides of the dark pink label as shown.