Trick Or Treat Tote
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Halloween Tote Set, or you can order them separately.
Trick Or Treat Tote
By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: I used the Halloween Scrapbooking Dazzles™ stickers as masks and alphabet masks for the words, with the Smooch Spritz to create the Halloween silhouettes on this tote. I glued the witch sticker to the center of the tote, then used the smooch inks to paint in the moon behind the witch, and her green face for a punch of color and contrast. Adding the stickles helps to define the letters and shapes. The crystals, silk leaves and metallic ribbons add fun and extra color. Start with the lighter color (gingersnap), then add the emerald and grape, overlapping the colors. Be sure to shake the Smooch Spritz bottles well before and during use, then wipe off the nozzle with a damp paper towel when you are finished using them. If the nozzle clogs, remove the nozzle and try rinsing it with water, or soaking it in 409 cleaner to dissolve the clog.
- 14"x14" Natural Tote Bag
- Halloween Scrapbooking Dazzles™
- Frosted Grape Smooch Spritz, Emerald Sprinkle Smooch Spritz, Gingersnap Smooch Spritz
- Carrot Smooch Ink, Green Apple Smooch Ink
- Spooky Stickles Kit
- Alphabet Masks
- Metallic Ribbon Set
- Orange 3mm Crystals, Green 3mm Crystal Stickers, Purple 3mm Crystals
- Tacky Glue
- Medium Zots™
- StazOn Ink Pad, Jet Black
- 13 ¾” square piece of heavy cardboard or newspaper (to place inside the tote to ensure the color doesn’t bled through to the back, and for covering work area)
- Paper towels
- Place newspapers on your work surface to protect it. Place the tote on the newspaper. Place newspaper over the handles to mask them from the spritz. Attach the Halloween Dazzle stickers™ (don’t add the witch yet, but leave the space for her) and alphabet masks (you will be using some letters more than once, so you will need to move them into their second position after spritzing) on one side of the tote as shown, pressing the edges in place so they adhere well to the tote.
- Shake the Gingerbread Smooch spritz and spray over some areas of the tote over the stickers and masks, about 10” away from the tote. Also spray over the area where the witch will be. Add Grape and Emerald, then add more Gingersnap as needed. Work the area with the words a little at a time, so you can move the letters from one word to another as needed. The more spritz you spray on, the crisper the silhouette images will be. When you are finished spritzing, carefully remove the Dazzles™ and alphabet masks from the tote and wipe them off with a damp paper towel. Let the tote dry, at least overnight, before adding the Stickles. It may take a few days for the tote to dry completely.
- Glue the witch sticker to the center of the tote, smoothing the edges down evenly. Use the Carrot Smooch ink to fill in the “moon” behind the witch. Fill in the witch’s face with Green Apple. Let dry and add another coat if needed. Wipe off any excess smooch ink from the sticker with a damp paper towel.
- Outline the letters and images with Stickles and let dry. Add crystals as shown. Ink a large leaf black and let dry. Arrange the black leaf plus orange and green leaves overlapping at the top of the tote near the handle. Add crystals and Zot leaves in place. Tie ribbons on the handle and knot the ends as shown.