Happy 4th of July!
Happy 4th of July!
By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Susan's Tip: These burst brads really add a punch of color and sparkle to this page, and are perfect for the 4th of July theme. I love these stamps, in that you can mix and match the stars, firecrackers, and sparks! That makes for lots of combinations to explore. I stamped the firecrackers on red cardstock, cut them out, and foam taped them to the page for added dimension.
- Bright Use 'Em for Anything Papers
- Fireworks Clear Stamps
- 2"x6" Acrylic Block
- StazOn Ink Pad, Jet Black
- Blue & Red Burst Brads
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Red cardstock, white cardstock
- Black pen or computer printer
- Font: Andy regular
- Turn the blue striped background paper so the stripes are vertical. Cut a 12"x6" red cardstock rectangle and glue across the page, 3/4" from the top. Mat photos on white cardstock leaving a 1/16" border. Arrange 3 photos on the red cardstock as shown and glue in place. Glue the last photo to the blue striped paper so it is overlapping the bottom edge of the red cardstock, 3/8" from the left side.
- Write or computer print journaling on white cardstock, trim, then mat on red. Glue to lower portion of page, 1 3/4" from the right edge.
- Stamp firecrackers and 2 large stars on the remaining red cardstock and cut them out. Apply foam tape to the back of the two tall thin firecrackers and the stars, and attach to the right of the journaling block, staggering them as shown.
- Place the third firecracker on the red cardstock between the small and large photos, but do not attach it yet. Once you're sure of the spacing, stamp the fuse and sparks first, then foam tape the firecracker between them. Stamp words and stars on red cardstock as shown, leaving space for the burst brads. Stamp 3 small stars on the journaling block as desired. Attach burst brads.