Project comments (0) | Write a comment
Happy New Year Card
|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Free classes with Paper Wishes Webisodes. Watch every Wednesday for new tips, tricks and techniques!
About the Project
Technique: Using Cardmaker's packs
Designer: LeNae Gerig
This card would make a great Birthday card by substituting youre a star for Happy new year.
"Happy New Year" Card
By LeNae Gerig
- Cut a 4 3/4x6 1/4 blue star rectangle and ink the edges. With the card fold at the left side, glue the rectangle to the center. Cut a 3 1/2x5 rectangle of blue words paper and ink the edges. Mat with white cardstock, leaving a 1/8 wide border and glue 1 1/4 from the bottom of the card.
- Tie two lengths of sheer blue ribbon to a 6 1/2 length of white ribbon and glue with Zots to the card front, 3/4 from the fold.
- Cut a 4 1/4x3 rectangle of star paper and ink the edges. Mat with white cardstock, leaving a 1/8 wide border. Secure two silver star brads on the rectangle and glue it over the ribbon as shown.
- Foam tape the peace cut out overlapping the bottom of the rectangle as shown. Journal Happy New Year on the long tag and glue it to the top right of the card front.
- For the inside: Cut a 2 1/4x6 1/2 strip of star paper and ink the edges. Glue to the inside back, 1/4 from the card fold. Secure the remaining star brad to the top of the border.