By LeNae Gerig
LeNae's Tip: Use circle punches or the Easy Circles Template to change the shapes of the layered pieces on the card.
|| - indicates that the product page has a video demo.
- Turn the card with the fold on the left and trim to 5" square. Cover the front with brown/black swirl paper. Cut a 4 3/4" square of tan rose paper, ink the edges and glue centered on the card front.
- Trace and cut a 4" scallop frame from pink dot paper. Mat with brown/black swirl paper, with a 1/16" border and glue to the front as shown. Cut a 1"x 4 7/8" rose border from the edge of the rose text print paper and mat the long edges with brown/black swirl paper with 1/16" borders.
- Stamp "Celebration!" on tan swirl paper and trim to 2 3/4"x1/2". Mat with brown/black swirl paper with 1/16" border and glue to the lower right. Stack a 2" and 3" flowers and insert a brad to secure them to the border as shown. Glue the border to the card front as shown.
- Inside the card: Cut a 1"x5" brown/black swirl paper, ink the edges and glue across the inside, 1 1/4" from the upper edge.
- Stamp "happy birthday!" on tan swirl paper and then trim to 2 1/8"x1 5/8". Ink the edges and glue centered on a 3 3/4"x2 1/2" pink dot paper. Ink the edges. Secure a layered small brown flower to the upper right with a silver mini brad, then glue the sentiment as shown.
If you enjoy this newsletter, please pass it on to a friend! If you received this newsletter from a friend and want to sign up for your own copy, please click here. And if you no longer want to receive Creative Spark, let us know by clicking here.
© 2011 Hot Off The Press, Inc.
1250 NW Third Avenue, Canby, OR, 97013