Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
Hello Glitter Card
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Hello Card Bundle Hello Card Collection, or you can order them separately.
Hello Glitter Card
By LeNae Gerig
Designer Tip: Use your fingertips to rub the glitter into the adhesive. Tap off excess glitter over scrap paper and return to the glitter container.
- Place the card fold on the left side. Cover the card with dark blue paper. Cut a 4 ¾"x6 ¼" rectangle of dot paper and glue a 2"x6 ¼" purple strip down the center. Glue the dot rectangle to the card center.
- Trace the 3 ¼"x4 ½" Fancy Label onto the adhesive backing. Cut out the label shape, peel off one side of the backing and adhere to white cardstock. Cut around the label shape, leaving a 1/16" wide border.
- Trace the brass oval stencil onto scrap paper and cut out in order to make a masking shape. Peel the adhesive backing from the Fancy Label shape and adhere the brass stencil to the center. Place the paper oval onto the brass stencil. Sprinkle on the blue glitter onto background of the label shape. Remove excess glitter and remove the paper mask.
- Tape off the flowers to protect the area and sprinkle peridot (green) on remaining exposed adhesive areas. Tap off excess glitter and return to the container. Remove the tape from the flower areas and sprinkle with amethyst (purple) glitter. Tap off excess glitter and return to the container.
- Carefully remove the stencil from the adhesive by gently bending down the glittered paper and pulling up on the stencil. Sprinkle winter frost (white) glitter over the newly exposed adhesive. Tap off excess glitter and return to the container. Glue the glittered shape to the center of the card. Place the "Hello" greeting below.
- Inside the card: Glue a 4 ½"x2 ¾" rectangle of dot paper to the top inside back. Glue ½ of a dark blue label hanging down from the top of the card. Glue a length of green dot border cut-out across the top of the card. Glue a "smile" cutout greeting over the border.