Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
Happily Ever After album
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Album Collection Bundle 8"x8" Album Set, or you can order them separately.
Happily Ever After album
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: I painted the edges of some of the Maya Road pieces and chipboard with smooch ink, to add pretty color and shimmer. I love all the different tactile and visual textures brought together by combining all of these fun products! They look great worked into a collaged cover for this album.
- 1) Remove the posts from the album and ink the tops. Set aside to dry. Ink the outside of the album with Timber Brown ink and let dry. Cut a 7 ¾"x7 ½" aqua dotted rectangle and ink the edges brown. Glue centered to the album front. Glue a 7 ¾" length of pink rick-rack vertically to the left side of the rectangle. Cut a 7 ½" square from pink/ivory patterned paper and tear 1" from the right side and bottom edges, leaving the top and left side edges straight. Ink edges brown and glue to the aqua dotted rectangle, 1/8" from the right side and ¼" from the top.
- 2) Ink the edges of the antiquarian journal card with brown ink. Glue ribbon across it, 5/8" from the bottom. Place angled on the album, overlapping the papers as shown. Glue corners in place. Ink edges of the affirmations ATC card brown. Ink a ½" wide strip of pink/ivory patterned paper brown, then glue across the bottom of the card, trimming edges evenly. Mat on teal paper, inking edges brown. Place angled over the antiquarian journal card as shown, then glue corners in place.
- 3) Cover the library envelope with paper as shown, then paint the front scalloped edge with frosted aqua Smooch. Cover the library card with teal paper, ink the edges brown, then add a photo to the center. Place inside the pocket.
- 4) Paint the outer edges of the journaling tags with frosted aqua or lettuce Smooch ink and let dry. Tuck 1 of the painted journaling tags beneath the antiquarian journal card so it extends from the top as shown. Glue the other painted tag overlapping the left side of the ATC card as shown. Write or computer print a "0" on pink textured paper, trim to a rectangle and ink edges brown. Paint in the open portions of the number "1" on the circle with the number "11". Ink edges of the circle brown. Add numbers near the two on the antiquarian journal card to complete the year.
- 5) Cut the black/brown decorative design from a tag and mat on pink textured paper. Ink edges brown and glue centered to the album between the post holes. Cover a chipboard butterfly with aqua dotted paper, trimming edges evenly with the knife. Ink edges brown. Paint an open chipboard butterfly with lettuce Smooch, let dry, then back the butterfly with pink textured paper, trimming edges evenly. Glue butterflies to the album cover as shown. Add ribbons, flowers, butterflies, and pebbles. Replace posts. Embellish album and posts with Flower Dazzles.