Far East 6"x6" album
By Ann Bernklau
Ann's Tips:The gold embossing on the gold metallic paper gives an amazing, rich look. I made a floral "wreath" by stamping the blossom branch 4 times in a circle formation. The gold Stazon looks so exotic against the deep blue background. Ink the ends of the binding posts to match the gold motif.
|| - indicates that the product page has a video demo.
- Remove binding posts and cover the album with enough coats of blue paint to make it opaque. Let it dry completely. Lightly sand down the paint for a slightly worn effect.
- Cut a 1 1/8"x12" strip of gold paper. Use the bamboo stamp and the Versamark to stamp a repeating border the length of the strip. Sprinkle on gold embossing powder and emboss with a heat embossing tool.
- Trim off 6 1/2" of the gold strip. Glue along the left side of the cover, over the holes. Re-punch holes using the Big Bite. Cut the remaining gold strip in half (two 2 3/4" lengths) and fold each piece over the top and bottom corners of the cover as shown. Adhere with glue stick.
- Use the Gold StazOn® to stamp 4 blossom branches in a circle in the center of the cover. Stamp the love symbol and word in the center. Add large and small flowers, butterflies, paper crane, swirls, etc. around the outer edges of the cover and let dry.
- Ink the ends of the posts gold by dabbing them onto the Gold StazOn® inkpad, let dry. Replace the posts on the album.
If you enjoy this newsletter, please pass it on to a friend! If you received this newsletter from a friend and want to sign up for your own copy, please click here. And if you no longer want to receive Creative Spark, let us know by clicking here.
© 2011 Hot Off The Press, Inc.
1250 NW Third Avenue, Canby, OR, 97013