Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
Father's Day Card
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Father's Day Card Bundle Father's Day Card Set, or you can order them separately.
Father's Day Card
By Ann Bernklau
Designer Tips: Tiny silver hearts sprinkled throughout give the card a homemade touch without taking away from the masculine look of the card.
- Place the card with the fold on the top. Cover the card with brown writing paper. Cut a 6 1/4"x4 3/4" piece of blue border paper with the border along the top. Glue centered to the card, creating a 1/8" brown border. Cut a 6 1/2"x1/4" strip of green texture and glue across the card, 1 3/4" from the bottom.
- Use a needle with the gold blend sparklers thread to tie knots in 4 different buttons. Trim the ends to desired length. Draw a line with a ruler across the card, 1" from the top. Place a row of buttons along the line and arrange to your liking, using the 4 buttons with the sparklers. Attach each button with an appropriately sized Zot. Place a few of the gear Dazzles and silver heart Jewel Dazzles onto the buttons.
- Place the "F" in "Father's Day" onto argyle paper and trim around. Glue it to the card, 2" from the top and left. Place the remaining word Dazzles on the left and right to complete "Happy Father's Day!" Back the wrench, screwdriver, and 2 small gears with orange grid paper and add a small silver heart to each of them. Glue the wrench above the greeting and the screwdriver below the greeting as shown. Glue the gears to the left of the greeting, and add another small gear Dazzle as shown.
- Cut 7 1/2" of brown grid ribbon, burgundy sheer swirl ribbon, and orange ric-rac. Adhere across the bottom of the card with Zots (the brown grid ribbon will be 3 3/4" from the top), then tape the loose ends to the back of the flap with clear tape.
- For the inside: Cover the panel with blue border paper, with the gear border at the left side. Glue a 6 1/2"x1/4" strip of brown writing across the middle of the card. Back the handle of the hammer with orange grid paper and back the head with the excess silver material on the heart Jewel Dazzles sheet. Place a small silver heart on the head of the hammer. Glue to center, tilted to the left.
- Attach lengths of burgundy swirl and blue/brown stitched ribbon to the right and left of the hammer, trim to fit. Place "dad" to the left of the hammer above the brown strip and "you rock!" to the right, below the brown strip.