Project comments (1) | Write a comment
Hope & Dreams Binder
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Hopes & Dreams Binder Bundle Hopes & Dreams Binder, or you can order them separately.
Hope & Dreams Binder
By Ann Bernklau
Designer Tip: A great way to make a closure for your binder is to punch a hole in both covers and string a knotted ribbon through each hole, tying them in a bow. When punching through the thick covers, make sure to use a Crop-a-Dile. It's the strongest hole punch and perfect for thicker materials.
- Ink the spine and all the edges of the binder with Gold Stazon®. Cover the front with teal pattern paper. Use a cosmetic wedge to ink over the edges. Apply a 1 1/2" thick area of gold ink along the spine with the cosmetic wedge for a soft look.
- Print out the tags from the Vintage Roses download on the product page. Cut out the red label and print a title on it ("hopes & dreams"). Ink the edges gold with a cosmetic sponge and glue 1 1/4" from the top and 1/2" from the right.
- Cut a 7 1/2" length of the crystals and place along the left side. Cut two 4" pieces of purple ribbon. Wrap a piece around the top and bottom corners of the cover and secure to the back with tape.
- Take 4" of purple ribbon and tie in a knot around a 2" piece of red ribbon. Zot to the bottom of the label. Punch 1/8" holes, centered on the edges of the front and back covers with the Crop-a-Dile. Cut two 8" pieces of red sheer swirl ribbon. Tie a double knot in one end of the first piece and string it through the first hole. Do the same to the second piece and string it through the second hole. Tape the loose ends to the inside and tie the long ends in a bow to secure the binder closed.
- Place 3 pebbles at the bottom right corner of the cover, 1 in the top right, and 1 over the punched ribbon hole.
- For the envelope: Measure the manila envelope and cut out a piece of teal pattern to fit over the main part, including the slit to close it. Glue the piece to cover the envelope and re-punch the covered holes. Cover the flap of the envelope with the roses border paper and trim excess paper. Ink all edges with Gold Stazon®, using a cosmetic wedge for a shaded look.
- Close the envelope by tucking the flap into the slit. Ink a thicker gold area along the fold of the flap. Cut off the excess red crystal swirls from the remaining crystals and place along the flap fold, over the gold area. Place a strip of velvet ruffle ribbon the length of the envelope along the slit. Tie a red knot over a 3" piece of purple ribbon and Zot to the center along the velvet ribbon. Place a large Pebble to the left of the knotted ribbon.