Hello, Sunshine! Card
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Serendipity Set Serendipity Set, or you can order them separately.
Hello, Sunshine! Card
By Ann Bernklau
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tips: The template instructions say to use Zots to hold your flowers together, but I found that applying a ring of Tacky Glue to a small circle of paper, placing the flower on top (centered), and weighing it down until dry makes it very secure. After it's dry, Zots work great to adhere the flower to your project.
- Pretty Pleated Flowers Template
- Serendipity Paper Pack
- Serendipity Ribbon Set
- Confetti Button Assortment
- Knife & Refill
- Tacky Glue
- Large Zots™, Small Zots™
- StazOn Ink Pad, Jet Black
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- White Cards & Envelopes
- White cardstock
- Clear tape
- Place the card with the fold on the top. Cover the front with the dark teal paper with the light blue scallop border across the top. Trim off the excess.
- Take the orange paper and cut a 1" strip off of the side opposite the yellow border. Turn the strip over to the white side. Starting at the left, trace the Lenora flower strip. Make small tick marks where the fold lines will be: one in the middle of each petal and one between each petal. Slide the template to the right and trace a second shape right next to the first, overlapping the tab on the first shape. This eliminates the need to glue 2 separate shapes together since they're already connected on one piece. Make tick marks for the folds.
- Use a metal-edged ruler and the back of your pen knife to score along those folds you've just marked. Then, use a pen knife to cut out the holes in the petals. For a quick fix, you can use a hole punch for a different look. Cut along the outside line of the flower strip. Turn the strip over to view the orange side. Starting on the end without the tab, make a valley fold on the first fold line. Fold the rest accordion-style. Glue the tab over the first petal, making a continuous loop.
- Get a small weight such as a paperback book and set it aside. Cut a small circle of paper (any paper) about 3/4" in diameter (doesn't have to be a perfect circle). Apply a ring of Tacky glue onto the circle. Take the flower by the petal edges and "pop" in the center so it is flat and looks like a flower. With both hands holding the flower so it doesn't "pop" back out, place the flower centered on the glue and place one finger over the center of the flower, holding it down. You can carefully adjust the flower so it has a very tight center or one that's a little bigger, but don't take your finger off the flower because it will "pop" back to its original shape. Hold the flower there for about 30 seconds with your finger, then place the weight on it to let it dry completely (drying time varies with how much glue you've applied).
- Meanwhile, make an identical Lenora flower out of the pink dot, using the exact same method. Make a Francis flower out of light floral pattern, using the same method.
- Cut three 3" pieces of green/white dot ribbon. Glue the first piece to the card vertically, starting in the center 2" from the top and extending down. Trim off excess. Glue the second piece the same way, 3/4" from the left, and glue the third piece 3/4" from the right. Cut a small piece diagonally and glue it to the left of the center ribbon as a "leaf." Cut a 6 ½"x ½"strip of green floral print and glue it across the bottom. Cut 7 ½" of pink wired ribbon and place across the top of the green floral strip. Adhere with small Zots and tape the ends to the back of the card flap.
- Cut 10" of the blue metallic ribbon and string it in and out of the holes in the Francis flower. Tape the ends to the back. Use large Zots to attach a large pink button to the flower center and attach the flower to the top of the center green "stem." Attach a small light green button to the orange Lenora flower and a small orange button to the pink dot flower. Use Zots to attach the orange flower to the left stem and the pink flower to the right stem.
- Cut a 1"x½"piece of white cardstock and print "hello, sunshine!" on it. Ink the edges black and mat onto green floral print, leaving a 1/16" border. Ink the edges black and foam tape to the card to the right of the center stem as shown.
- For the inside: Cut a 6 ½"x2 ½" strip of green floral and glue across the card, 3/4" from the top. Glue 6 ½" lengths of pink/white dot ribbon across the top and bottom of the piece. Print "You brighten my world" on a 3 ½"x3/4" piece of white cardstock and ink the edges. Mat onto orange, leaving a 1/16" border. Ink the edges and glue to the card 1 3/4" from the top and ½" from the left.
- Take the dark teal paper and locate the large flower in the embellished corner. Carefully cut out the flower, ink the edges, and glue to the card, overlapping the right side of the greeting as shown.