Project comments (1)
| Write a comment
Paper Flair Card Kits
|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||More Paper Flair kits...and savings too!
About the Project
Technique: Paper Flair Card Kits
Designer: Susan Cobb
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: This card was made using different papers than the one in the book, to show you that you can copy any of the folding techniques and sub in your favorite paper.
- Start with one card, place the fold on the left. Open and cover the inside left panel with pink paper with the stripes on the left, keep the fold uncovered. Glue the left panel of a second card behind the right panel of the first card. Glue another pink paper, with dots, on the right to the inside far right panel, keep the fold uncovered. Score along both broken fold lines.
- Left panel: Place the open card on a cutting surface. Cut out the circle window and cut along the right side of the pink diamond only up to the broken line. Fold back along the scored line. Add brown brads to the corners, as shown. Zot a ribbon bow to the top of the pink diamond.
- Right panel: Cut around the left side of the "hi!" circle only up to the broken line. Fold back along the scored line. Add brown brads to the corners, as shown.
- Cover the inside with pink paper. Glue the green dot strip 1" from the left fold. Glue the tag, with a folded ribbon length, 1/2" below the top. Zot a small brown flower with a brown brad, as shown.
- Sign the "Created by . . ." label and glue it to the back of your card.
Just For You card
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: For added texture, I used actual ribbon instead of the paper ribbons, and used them in different ways rather than bows. I also added blue brads over the "faux" brads on the art pieces. The flowers also add a pretty touch and soften the look of the striped paper.
- Trim your card to a 5"x5" square. Place the fold on your left and open the card. Glue the blue paper to the inside with the horizontal strips coming from the right. Add a folded length of blue ribbon behind the top of the tag and a blue brad to the front. Glue the greeting tag as shown.
- Outside: Attach the #1 tan flap along the front fold. Cut the card front around the tan shape. Cut out the remaining three flaps, fold back the tabs, and glue the white tabs to the back of your card. The #2 is along the right edge and the striped sections are along the top and bottom. Fold the flaps inward, starting with flap #1, work counter clockwise. Tuck flap #4 under #1 to interlock.
- Glue the "just for you" tag angled in the lower right tan section and Zot a blue flower, with a folded ribbon length and a brad to the top of the tag, as shown.
- Attach brads to the left side of both ribbon fragments and glue them to the top left tan section.
- Sign the "Handmade by . . . " label and glue it to the back of your card.