By Susan Cobb
Susan's Tips: I created the butterfly using the perforating and embossing techniques with the metal pergamano stencil. If desired, you can cut the perforations out as shown in the instructions included with the stencil for a different look.
|| - indicates that the product page has a video demo.
- To create the perforated and embossed butterfly design: Cut a 3 1/8" pergamano paper square. Place the pergamano paper over the large butterfly design on the stencil, then attach the paper with masking tape. Place on the foam pad.
- Emboss the butterfly pattern with the fine tip of the 4-way stylus. Turn the stencil over with the pergamano paper still attached and place it on the foam pad. Perforate with the perforating tool according to the butterfly design on the stencil. Remove the pergamano paper from the stencil and align the bottom edge with the perforated border design on the stencil between the flowers. Perforate each row of dots across the center of the border, 1/16" from the bottom of the paper. Repeat for each side of the pergamano square.
- For the embossed border and tag: Use the flower design on the metal stencil to create a border on pergamano paper. Trim to a 3/8" wide strip. Emboss a flower on the end of a 2" x 1 1/8" pergamano paper tag.
- For the card front: With the fold at the left, cover the card front with lime/pink/yellow/orange/blue floral paper. Mat the pergamano paper square with the embossed and perforated butterfly design on lime cardstock leaving a 1/8" border. Add orange mini brads at corners. Mat on blue dots paper, leaving a 3/16" border. Mat again on orange paper, leaving a 1/4" border. Glue the matted square to the card front, even with the right side and 3/8" from the top.
- Mat the border on lime cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border. Mat on blue dots paper, leaving a 1/16" border. Glue across the card front, 3/8" from the bottom, trimming sides evenly with the card.
- Mat the pergamano tag on blue dots paper and glue overlapping the embossed border. Cut a 1 3/8" x 7/8" lime tag and add âHello" sticker on the center. Glue to the matted pergamano tag as shown.
- For the inside: Place the âThinking Of You" sticker to a 3 1/4" x 1 1/4" lime cardstock rectangle, then mat on orange leaving a 1/4" border. Mat on blue dotted paper, leaving a 1/8" border. Glue a 5" x 3" floral paper rectangle across the center of the inside. Glue the matted words centered on the floral paper, even with the right side.
- Emboss a flower border on a 3" long strip of pergamano paper. Trim to 3/8" wide, then, mat on lime cardstock and blue dots paper, leaving a 1/16" border on each. Glue vertically to the left side of the word block as shown.
If you enjoy this newsletter, please pass it on to a friend! If you received this newsletter from a friend and want to sign up for your own copy, please click here. And if you no longer want to receive Creative Spark, let us know by clicking here.
© 2011 Hot Off The Press, Inc.
1250 NW Third Avenue, Canby, OR, 97013