Thank You Card
Thank You Card
By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: Even though this punched design is very intricate, it’s easy to do! These punches work well on papers, light cardstock, and foam (not for heavy cardstock or fibrous papers). If the punch becomes sticky after punching adhesive, EZ Tool Cleaner cleans it up quickly and easily.
- Cardmaker's™ Citrus Creative Pack
- Summer Punch It
- Punch Adhesive Sheets
- Grape Fizz Glitter
- Bright Brad Pack
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Purple cardstock
- Black pen or computer printer
- Font: ChopinScript
- 1) Trim the card to a 5” square. With the fold at the top, cover the card front with purple cardstock. Cut a 4 ¾” teal/lime/purple/aqua striped square and add purple brads to the corners. Glue centered on the card front. Mat a ¾”x 4 ¾” lime textured paper strip on purple, leaving a 1/16” border on the long sides, trimming ends evenly. Glue across the striped paper, 2” from the top.
- 2) Cut a 3” square from the adhesive sheet, leaving the backing in place. Raise the arm of the punch and place the square on the plate bed, aligning the upper left corner of the square with the paper guides framing the metal punch design (the corner should be placed over the metal portion of the base). Close the punch arm and press firmly to punch through. Now turn the square counterclockwise so the image you just punched is aligned with the white guide directly below the metal punch design, and the straight edges of the square will be aligned with the paper guides. Hold in place while closing the punch arm, then press firmly to punch through. Continue this process until you have 4 punched images, one at each corner. Now align one of the punched images with the raised metal image on the center of the base, making sure the straight edges of the square are aligned with the paper guides. Hold in place while closing the punch arm, then press firmly to punch through. Continue this 3 more times until design is complete.
- 3) Trim the outer edges of the punched square leaving a 1/8” border. Gently peel off the backing from one side of the adhesive and place adhesive side up on a piece of scrap paper. Sprinkle glitter over the punched adhesive, lightly patting the surface with your fingers for even coverage. Shake off the excess, then pour the remaining glitter back into the container. Carefully peel the backing from the glittered design and adhere it to lime textured paper. Smooth with your fingers, then trim, leaving a 1/16” border. Mat again on purple, leaving a 1/16” border. Glue centered over the lime strip.
- 4) Write or computer print “Thank you” on lime paper, trim to a rectangle and mat on purple. Glue to bottom of card front as shown.