Project comments (4)
| Write a comment
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Birthday Wishes Card Set or you can order them separately.
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: I "painted in" the flower petals on the center of the card front with shabby pink smooch, then added a tiny bit of siren (red) at the base of each petal over the pink. I mixed a small amount of green apple ink with the luscious lime on the acrylic block, thinned it with water, then painted in the leaves with a small brush. I used siren smooch for the flowers on the large label inside, and dry-brushed a bit of molasses (brown) smooch over the lower stem over the green. Layering the label shapes plus patterned papers and stamped cardstock creates a beautifully textured look.
- Crumple a 2" wide music paper rectangle, then smooth it out. Ink over the crumpled areas with the brown ink pad. With the card fold at the left, glue the paper even with the fold. Trim excess. Glue the right edge of a 3 ½" x 6 ½" red swirls paper rectangle even with the right side of the card front, leaving the remaining edges loose for now. Using timber brown ink, stamp a 1" x 5 ½" pale pink cardstock rectangle with the words border stamp and ink the edges. Tuck the cardstock beneath the left edge of the red swirls paper, even with the top of the card, leaving ¾" of the pale pink cardstock exposed. Glue right edge in place.
- Trim a brown scalloped border from the music paper sheet and trim even with the pink rectangle. Glue overlapping the pink rectangle even with the red swirls paper as shown. Glue a red/white strip of striped paper even with the right edge of the pink cardstock. Glue all pieces securely in place. Ink the edges of a 3 3/8" x 5 ½" striped paper rectangle and glue even with the right edge, ¾" from the top.
- Stamp the rectangle with flowers image onto ivory cardstock with the timber brown ink. Stamp a swirl to the left of the image. Place the Lacey Label template design over the stamped image and trace the shape (and circles) so the stamped rectangle image is centered within it. Ink the edges brown. Punch the holes where indicated. Stamp the large flower image on tan cardstock, trim to a 1 ¾" x 3 ¾" rectangle and ink the edges brown. Paint in the flowers with smooch as shown and let dry.
- Use the template to trace a Victorian label on green dotted paper, then cut it out and ink the edges brown. Stamp a swirl image centered on the right side with the VersaMark ink pad. Sprinkle with white embossing powder, tap off the excess and emboss with the heat tool. Glue the label near the bottom of the card front as shown. Stamp "Birthday Wishes" on pale pink cardstock with the brown ink, then use the template to trace an oval shape around it. Cut out the oval and ink edges brown. Glue to the green label, overlapping the embossed swirl. Glue the smooch-painted pieces layered on the card front as shown. Zot ribbon in place.
- Trim along the red scalloped border of the striped paper, ink the edges brown, then glue a 5" x 4" section centered on the inside. Stamp the branch with flowers image on pale pink cardstock with brown ink, then place the Bracket Sign design over it so the image is centered. Trace the shape, then cut it out. Stamp the swirl motif at each end with brown ink. Punch a 1/16" hole in each corner. Ink the edges of the shape, then mat on green dotted paper and ink the edges. Stamp "For You" on ivory cardstock, then trace the "bracket label B" so the words are centered inside the shape. Cut it out, then stamp the top edge of the large flower image over the left edge label, near the words. Ink edges brown. Paint in the flowers and leaves on both labels as shown. When dry, glue the pieces overlapping as shown on the striped paper.