Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the All 5 Steampunk Items or you can order them separately.
By LeNae Gerig
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: A strong pair of scissors can easily cut through the teeth of the zipper when trimming to fit the page.
- Steampunk Paper Pack
- Steampunk Scrapbooking Dazzles™
- Steampunk Papier Tole
- Steampunk Ribbon Set
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- Medium Zots™
- Tacky Glue
- Needle and black thread
- Background: Cut a 12"x3" strip of diamond plate paper and ink the edges black. Glue to the top of the quilted metal paper. Glue the black Zipper across the paper seam. Trim the zipper even with the page edges. Back the blimp with striped paper and glue to the top left. Adhere "Inspire" to the center above the zipper. Adhere Dazzles( corner sticker to the bottom left and right corners.
- Photos: Mat the 4"x6" photos with black cardstock, leaving 1/8" borders. Glue to the lower portion of the page, overlapping as shown. Adhere gear border to the left edge of the left photo and top of the right photo. Assemble the Papier Tole balloon to the right side of the zipper, overlapping the photo. Glue the Papier Tole flying clock between the photos. Adhere key Dazzles( to hang from the left and right edges of the border, next to the photos. Glue knotted lengths of sheer ribbon to each key top.
- Assemble the bike Papier Tole and glue under the photos. Line the pocket watch Dazzles( and telescope with gray and brown papers. Glue to each side of the photos and top the watch with a knotted ribbon length.
- Place foam tape behind paper backed gears and cluster in groups along the bottom of the page. Rose: Separate the zipper pieces. Use the needle and thread to sew a basting stitch along the bottom edge of ½ of the zipper. Pull the thread ends to gather the zipper and begin rolling one end into a coil. Secure the shape by sewing the center and the end. Overlay 2 feather stickers like leaves and use Tacky glue to glue the lower to the right side of the photo.